PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Broadband

livetotravel
08-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Been having intermittent problems with my Virgin Broadband for the last week - they're still trying to work with BT to try and resolve the line issue - but how long before I start announcing my intense displeasure at having no internet? Do I ask for a reduction of my bill? Or for compensation? Any advice gratefully received.

Spinifex
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Loss of service which is beyond your control is a way out of contract too as they cant provide an adequate service.
you can definetly request for money back where youve lost access just ask them.

if vm is providing internet down your phone line then id seriously look at moving house or getting fibre optic.
it wont matter what provider you use, its the phone line that is sh1t and nobody can make it better apart from BT.

Spin.

Diablo13
08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
The same day you get problems you need to get on to them!
They are slow enough to respond anyway and will probably tell you to unplug your modem and router, wait 30 seconds then plug them in again. That's the standard patter for them!
You can ask for compensation or a reduced rental that month, but you won't get it!
If you are persistent though, they might come up with a reduced price deal for 6 months, or a free upgrade to your speed or something, so that is always worth a try.
Let us know how you get on when you have phoned them, you have nothing to lose, cos you've already lost it! lol

Spinifex
08-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Incorrect diablo, i always persist on a goodwill gesture (if nothing else) everytime. and i always log onto my billing and its displayed either immediatly or within 24 hours.

Spin.

thelostone
08-07-2011, 01:20 PM
How long have you been with vm?over a year if so give there cancellation dept a ring tell them you are not happy and am thinking of switching provider that sometimes works.Some one once told me a vm engineer if i remember said" never bother with custmer services ect ask to be put through to cancellations,they are the ones with the budget to give you a goodwill gesture ect" they can only say no