PDA

View Full Version : Official Sony page appears confirming the arrival of a new PS3 Slim console in 2011

thelostone
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Sony is set to introduce a new version of its PlayStation 3 console after an official holding page appeared on its Japanese website.

Speculation had been mounting in recent months that the company was set to introduce a revamped version of its flagship console after a FCC filed pointed to two new PS3 models. Those expecting a radically new look console are likely to be left disappointed though.

The CECH-3000B PS3 model will boast a lower power consumption compared to the current Slim going from 230 watts to a more efficient 200 watts. Weighing in at a lighter 2.6kg, there will also be a 320GB hard disc, while on the external front it will have changes made to power and eject buttons with LED lamps said to have also been removed.

Available in Charcoal Black, accessories bundled alongside it will include the customary Dual Shock 3 controller, power cable, AV cable and USB cable.

There's no news on a release date, a 160GB model bundled with Tales of Xillia is expected to launch on September 8th

Spinifex
01-07-2011, 08:40 PM
It's also meant to be hackproof. i dont believe that for one minute because you can lift chips or even solder to wherever using other chip boards.

its just another way for sony to make some fast cash by removing certain componenets and using crapper cheaper parts.
i certainly would not buy the same console that does exactly the same thing.
another console that did this was microsft xbox360, ok its black and the odd thing but at the end of the day mine can do exactly what the other one does!!!

RS1
25-07-2011, 10:48 PM
A bit underwhelming isn't it? You'd have expected Sony to make a bigger effort in light of the PSN debacle.

mikeee
02-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Check out this page that I came across after receiving my weekly T3 Newsletter. See link Confirms what you've said. I have asked in my local Game & GameStation stores and they knew nothing about it. Also I found out something interesting purely by chance. I had to update the details on my Game loyalty card, and after looking up 'saynoto0870.com to find a land line number to dial using my bundled mobile minutes, when the woman asked she need to know which my card was for GameStation or game. Then again the girl who answered that I was transferred to asked me the same question, So it appeared to be that even though they gave separate High St stores they are actually one in the same. Just thought at was curious. I know that Dixons etc are one in the same but this I didn't expect.

http://www.t3.com/news/new-ps3-console-unveiled?=57719

Diablo13
02-08-2011, 06:01 PM
appeared to be that even though they gave separate High St stores they are actually one in the same. Just thought at was curious. I know that Dixons etc are one in the same but this I didn't expect.

The actual companies don't need to be the same.
You probably got a call center, which deals with the calls to different companies.
I only learned recently that they just go to a screen for that company, whatever client it is, to get the details and forward your credit on to you.