PDA

View Full Version : Saints Row 3 video

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 01:18 PM
take a look at this madness, omg ill deffo be in the midnight queue for this one!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Name: Saints Row: The Third
Release date: November 15, 2011
Platform(s): PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Publisher(s): THQ
Developer(s): Volition, Inc.

Diablo13
27-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I just don't see the point of this game? :confused:
I mean what is your goal in finishing it?

I may be an older games player, but I have always thought the "graphic violence in games, encourages violence on the streets" crowd to be ridiculous and with no idea about gaming at all!
I have no problem at all hacking peoples heads off, or slaughtering wild animals in a fantasy RPG, but it's obvious from the start of such a game, even to the most wasted or subnormal and psychopathic gamers, that this is not "a funny thing happened to me on the way to Asda" type game.
It bears no resemblance to any kind of real life!

Having just watched that Saints Row video, I may well have changed my mind!
The problem with Saints Row type "games" is that they blur the lines between reality and fantasy!
I can quite believe that some smackheads in our society, fed up with their mundane lives would play this game, then go out on the streets to score and think it would be fun to beat the crap out of a stranger. The night would be perfect if they could also steal his car, cause everyone else to crash and get away with it!

Ok, I can see the funny elements in it, sucking people up in a giant vacuum, or flying over the city in your own jet, but really, this is the Roman arena of Spartacus in the electronics age!
Before you younger players think I have lost the plot, can you really deny there are thousands of brain dead morons on the streets, who need absolutely no encouragement to kick peoples heads in "because they can"?

Set not in a war zone or ancient swords and sorcery world, but a "normal" looking city of today, maybe games like this have gone too far?
Mainly because many of the people that play them are too strung out or simple to tell the difference between the real world and the "no one really gets hurt" games one? :-?

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 10:10 PM
diablo i think you have forgotten what fun means lol

i understand your ramble about smackheads/druggies/thieves and what not however this game is just for pure fun,
basically all the things that never normally happens down town!

ok when i first saw the video i was like wtf is this even real or what?
but yes it is for real and i cannot wait for it to be *cough* pre released and have some fun hoovering the streets lol
its just life gone wrong and its freeroam as always and its entertaining driving god only knows what.

i just cant wait alot like SR2 to find whats hidden around and easter eggs and such likes.
im a fan of saints row, and i prefer it over gta iv anyday, i believe sr2 is how gta iv should have been,
gta iv really put me off queuing for a game at midnight only to find its lack of things to do.

i guess it all depends what you want from a game,
clearly this isnt ideal for you but maybe now youve seen the funny side you may have a laugh with it for 20 mins or so.
dont forget that video was just 1 part of that game! im sure there is going to be lots of other interesting things to do, drive & fly.

ive never been one for saying people are influenced by a game and then go out and rob cars and mug grannys,
theres a word for people like that and its called a nutcase!

you only do bad things if your a bad person that was dragged up, has no money and your paints peeling off the walls.

Spinifex.

Diablo13
27-06-2011, 10:28 PM
"basically all the things that never normally happens down town!"

Your lucky you live in a quiet place then Spini! ;)

I daren't go down town anymore for fear of being sucked up, then spat out.
Not to mention the helicopter gun ships out looking for easy targets,.................................and that's just the coppers!

The gangs are even worse, out of work gangs of politicians roaming around begging and charity shops mugging you for the clothes off your back!
It's just no fun anymore.
You can't even get drunk without the homeless following you around, ready to steal your vomit to keep warm! X-(

bpv25
18-07-2011, 12:51 AM
i agree with Spinifex, GTA4 was a big disappointment for me - SR2 was great though; much more fun, things weren't taken too seriously, and the colour/vibrancy really does it make more enjoyable to play. SR3 looks good, i'd seen the video trailer (with 'Kanye West - Power' as the backing track?) and thought it looked decent! cheers for posting this video :), could be worth a purchase... though i'm getting older now, and tend to stick to playing FIFA 11 these days :P

professor chaos
26-08-2011, 03:11 AM
i think it looks great,saints row is about fun not realism

rrp
07-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Looks great,can't wait to play it

Spinifex
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Just a heads up that this game is all over the net now ;)

it took me ages to find a boat lol now looking for a helicopter!!!!

aha airplane hangar crib top right of map :D