PDA

View Full Version : 30 seconds of my life lol

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Has anybody noticed when you mark forums read, and say later on you click new posts or whats new you are greeted with:

Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. so ok we now click on click here and then you get this message:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 27 seconds.

so now we click the back button or go to home and try again and then it makes you wait yet another 30 seconds?
its definetly a bug im sure, has anybody else noticed this or has just tried it and found the same?

Spinny.

Reddevil
27-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Thats correct the anti spam states you must wait between searches, that counts as a search. the current limit between searching is 30 seconds :)

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 12:03 PM
yes i know, but do what ive said m8, press back and then click whats new again and itll greet same message and the 30 seconds is reset again. so if you dont literally leave it 30 seconds without touching anything youd be there all day lol

you'd of thought it would remember and tell you you still need to wait 15 more seconds but it doesnt it resets!!!

Reddevil
27-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Thats for trying to cheat :p

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Thats for trying to cheat :p

LOL

but even you must agree it should instead say you still need to await x amount of time, i never had this problem on vb3?

Reddevil
27-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Itss not that clever it cannot count ;)

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Itss not that clever it cannot count ;)

is it drunk lol

Diablo13
27-06-2011, 09:43 PM
is it drunk lol

Why does berley run it? :flag:

Yes it happens to me as well, but I just click on one of the headers like 'Forum' or something and it lets you straight in.

While we are talking funny forum behaviour, during a post if you put in a smiley, or sometimes just make a few space lines between sentences, it now forgets your font, size and colour details, so you have to reset them?
It never used to do that!
Is it possible to set your preferred font, size and colour anywhere, so that any posts you make are in that default setting?
Such as I always use Georgia, 3, navy blue, but could manually change the settings temporarily as needed.

Spinifex
27-06-2011, 09:47 PM
ahhh its to do with bb code m8, you see top left that A/a thing, well click that after youve done a smiley and remove the end tag would end something like [/font] or similar, so remove it and maybe hit A/a again & carry on and it should be ok.

i guess it thinks youve finished or its just the fact its thick and doesnt know what to do.

heres an example and yes i was right

[ FONT=trebuchet ms][ COLOR=#0000cd]heres some text that would be blue [ /COLOR][ /FONT]:puke: heres text that would now become black because of smiley

(i added a space in the codes to stop it from formatting/parsing it)

Diablo13
27-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the informative reply Spini, I never did know what tha Aa thing was for.

Spinifex
28-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the informative reply Spini, I never did know what tha Aa thing was for.

im glad ive actually been useful for once! lol