PDA

View Full Version : Any other WoW players?

JimFiggs
26-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi

I've just signed up and spotted this forum area for gaming and was wondering if there are any other World of Warcraft players that are members?

I've been playing for about 7 years now, so pretty much into it, although not very good at it. I get to top level, end game content and get bored so switch to another new character as I enjoy the early levels ;)

Jim

berley
26-06-2011, 04:25 PM
The only thing I was ever good at was Dr Mario on the very first nintendos pmsl

JimFiggs
26-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Berley

My 1st passion for gaming was some of the ZX Spectrum games such as Miner Willy and Jet Set Willy, I recently installed an emulator for my PC to allow it to behave like an old home computer (the Oric-1 being my very favourite) but the games didn't really seem as good as I remember them :(

Jim

Diablo13
26-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I have recently been playing the old NES/Snes Zelda games on an emulator on my pc.
The graphics are so basic, yet the games are still fun.
Goes to prove that it's the content that makes a good game and that there is too much emphasis just on how pretty a game looks these days. So many modern games have great graphics nowadays, but they cost so much to buy and then you still end up being bored, or else they're virtually unplayable because of bad coding!

JimFiggs
28-06-2011, 11:18 PM
And of course they're relaunching Duke Nukem of all things :)

Jim

thelostone
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Never played it but i did read this so i might try it
Anyone who was holding back from trying out World of Warcraft because it cost too much now has a significant incentive to join. Blizzard is making World of Warcraft free for new users until level 20.
The original 14-day trial has been expanded into the World of Warcraft Starter Edition.This new package also includes some content from Burning Crusade, WoW's first expansion.
The Starter Edition caps at level 20. In order to break past that, the player must purchase the game. The World of Warcraft Battle Chest bundle, which includes the core game, Burning Crusade expansion, and strategy guides for both, is available on Blizzard's site.
The Starter Edition is sure to attract new players to WoW's global community. WoW has players in North America, Europe, China, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Chile, Argentina, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. In October 2010, World of Warcraft exceeded 12 million users, up from 11 million in 2008.
Blizzard has bested itself in terms of sales with successive versions of World of Warcraft. In 2007, the Burning Crusade expansion sold 2.4 million copies in the first 24 hours. In 2008, the Wrath of the Lich King expansion sold 2.8 million copies in the first 24 hours. Late last year, the Cataclysm expansion sold 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours.

JimFiggs
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
Level 20 cap, the 14 day trial is better in honesty, as you can get to level 20 with only a few hours play since the latest expansions.
Blizzard seem to have made the lower levels an awful lot easier than when I started playing

Still worth a try though if you were ever a D&D player in school or college :)

Jim

midgetman
06-11-2011, 12:05 AM
But be warned, World of Warcraft is very addictive. My wife was not sure what all the fuss was about so I created a trial account and three years later...

Is nice that we get to play together, especially when I am working away at times.