PDA

View Full Version : Android Gingerbread confirmed for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

thelostone
22-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Sony Ericsson has confirmed its Xperia X10 users can expect an update to Android Gingerbread in early August

Looks like se have changed there minds they did say they were not going to update this past software 2.1
Android 2.3 (AKA: Gingerbread) is coming to the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 in August.
Sony Ericsson confirmed the good news via its official blog.
Here?s the official line:
?Our developers have been working hard on this and the work has progressed well. Development and testing is still ongoing and the current plan is start the roll-out in the beginning of August.?
Sony Ericsson also confirmed that the Xperia X10 will be keeping the same camera UI and Facebook Inside Xperia will also be included.
There is some bad news though. For one, there?ll be no DLNA support. The reason for this is that its inclusion would have jeopardised the time schedule, according to the blog post.
So what is included? Well, there?s now SD card application storage, Wi-Fi tethering and an integrated audio equaliser.

Kiefels
27-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Been running a customised GB rom on my X10 for a few months now.
Will be nice to see the i's dotted nd t's crossed by SE when it's officially released. :)

Glad that X10 owners and modders all clubbed together and barraged SE about lack of support for this model so to get a desperately needed update.

Although by rights a handset released just 12 months previous should still have manufacturers support. HTC support their handsets for 2 years.

Nevermind, it's a rant not worth getting into. :)

Looking forward to another bloated but pretty SE software to strip the crap out of. :)

Kiefels
30-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Android 2.2.3 (Ginger Bread)
Has now been released by Sony Ericsson for the X10 :)

It's looking like it will most likely be for "Unbranded" or very few carrier branded handsets.

If you want it flash a global generic x10i software onto your handset and let PC Companion update it for you.

As usual it has the rubbish apps that are bundled with SE softs and Android but rooting your phone and installing Titanium backup will allow you to remove them, free up some memory and speed things up a little. :)