PDA

View Full Version : New Sky+HD Box

misatok11
19-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Just had a letter through the door saying that sky are replacing my HD box with a new one at no extra charge. Checked the small print and said for customers with broadband.
Rang them up as i dont have broadband but it doesnt seem to matter. Anyone know why they are replacing the boxes. Seems fishy.
link was at sky.com/myhdbox

DessertDog
19-06-2011, 07:01 AM
The link you posted looks safe enough m8 did you log in or not ?

notanotherone
19-06-2011, 10:04 AM
the reason they are doing it is becasue of all the complaints about Thompson boxs no catch

lincsat
19-06-2011, 01:56 PM
They want rid of Thomson boxes with component output as they cannot copy-protect the outputs. I'm not giving mine up, not because I use the component, but because I have an almost full 1TB HDD inside.

Diablo13
19-06-2011, 02:38 PM
because I have an almost full 1TB HDD inside.

Did your box come with the 1TB HDD already fitted, or did you fit it later yourself lincsat?
I ask because mine only came with a 500gb drive, though I was told by Sly they were going to be sending out better boxes with more capacity later this year.
I would like to increase the storage on my box, but not at a cost of about ?349!

lincsat
19-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Fitted it myself M8. Can't be bothered to rip it out and put the original back in, then put the 1TB in the new box and possibly have to convert the data as well. There is a guide here -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I use a Samsung HDD (can't remember model number) with 5400 spin speed, I set acoustic mode in the PC first, then used Copy+ to transfer data from the old HDD.