PDA

View Full Version : Dunno what else to try on a 4010 box

fibzy
30-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Alright lads, heres the deal, i did a pace 4010 box for my sister last year and it was running fine on a mosc card, until a few month ago she told me it had gone off, i went over and it was stuck on Nit and occasionally flashing to err 11 then err12, which someone on here told me was no signal or some settings or other had been lost, i brought the box home and pulled the red jumper as someone else suggested, then tried it on my feed, the box worked perfectly so i went back and tried it on hers, and was the same errors..

So we sort of guessed than NTL had unplugged her at the green box as she no longer paid for any services from them, anyway last week she got a cable modem put back in so now there is definately a live feed going into the house, so i took the box back over expecting it to go smoothly, but no, same errors as before, took the splitter off and same errors again, went upstairs to try it on the cable modem feed and same again!!! Any ideas at all???? This box works on my feed which is split.

stonned2thebone
30-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Alright lads, heres the deal, i did a pace 4010 box for my sister last year and it was running fine on a mosc card, until a few month ago she told me it had gone off, i went over and it was stuck on Nit and occasionally flashing to err 11 then err12, which someone on here told me was no signal or some settings or other had been lost, i brought the box home and pulled the red jumper as someone else suggested, then tried it on my feed, the box worked perfectly so i went back and tried it on hers, and was the same errors..
So we sort of guessed than NTL had unplugged her at the green box as she no longer paid for any services from them, anyway last week she got a cable modem put back in so now there is definately a live feed going into the house, so i took the box back over expecting it to go smoothly, but no, same errors as before, took the splitter off and same errors again, went upstairs to try it on the cable modem feed and same again!!! Any ideas at all???? This box works on my feed which is split.

you nee to go in to the eng menu and set the pin and home freq then it will boot up ok

fibzy
30-07-2006, 06:46 PM
even tho it works on my feed no problem?

ice2004
30-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah you are obviously on a different frequency and netid from her. Pull the red jumper find out what her frequency is and change it to that. Netid should auto set itself for her area if she's pure ntl.

fibzy
30-07-2006, 07:30 PM
checked freq's and as i suspected we are the same as she only lives a few mile away, both teesside

stonned2thebone
30-07-2006, 07:56 PM
checked freq's and as i suspected we are the same as she only lives a few mile away, both teesside

try your box with direct feed
no splitter
should boot up ok like that seems ether the splitter is no good or the second line is no good
first try with out splitter then with splitter useing the bb line then try with the second line this way you will find which is at fault

fibzy
30-07-2006, 07:58 PM
tried it every which way i could with splitter in and off and like i said i tried it upstairs on the bb line with no splitter, all same result, yet on mine the box boots straight away, i cant suss it out :(

jiro
30-07-2006, 08:15 PM
try and get into eng/menu and check signal or try a force boot by holding the down buton when aplying power

fibzy
30-07-2006, 10:18 PM
right, will do, what sort of signal should i be looking for, is it possible that a cable modem would run on the feed she has but somehow its too weak for a 4010 and needs boosting a bit? seems wierd

Chookey
01-08-2006, 04:26 PM
I was wondering if when you took it back to yours' to try, did you use your sisters' rf cable? I wouldn't have as it is usually easier to remove it from the stb than the wallbox. Point being have you checked the rf cable?

My first thought was the same as ice2004 that the net i.d and frequency were different. I somehow doubt that the signal strength is the problem but in my case their is loss of service if the signal falls much below 24db.

Chookey

fibzy
01-08-2006, 06:05 PM
yeh i thought the cable might be a problem at first cos the one in her front room is about 6 metre long and a bit kinked, but i took a short 1 metre cable with me and tried if on that, and also tried it on the cable modem feed directly, as the 4010 works at mine im gonna take my 4001 over and see if that makes any difference as im sure i heard on here once that the 4001 is less fussy about signal strengths?