PDA

View Full Version : PS3 System Software Update v3.61 now available

digdug
15-05-2011, 10:21 AM
We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Source: HERE (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/)

Spinifex
15-05-2011, 05:44 PM
yup i updated my firmware at about 10am this morning, still cant bloody sign into psn tho in uk.

i tried hk,jap accounts too to no avail.
im guessing the rest of EU will be tomorrow now.
even the eu blog is down but as per usual usa gets everything lol (big userbase tho!)

Diablo13
15-05-2011, 10:20 PM
You can also just sign in using your credit card details as a password!
Therefore cutting out the middle man! pmsl

notanotherone
16-05-2011, 02:32 PM
You can also just sign in using your credit card details as a password!
Therefore cutting out the middle man! pmsl

can you remind me of your password and credit card details again diablo i forgot them :hyst:

Diablo13
16-05-2011, 08:38 PM
can you remind me of your password and credit card details again diablo i forgot them :hyst:

Of course nao its;

Sonylostmymoney

OK m8? :hi: pmsl