PDA

View Full Version : How to guide?

Pejazzle
03-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Has anyone got a how to guide like a dreambox for dummies or something like that? I wanted to get a dreambox DM 500 s and i wanted to learn what i have to do to get channels on it from hotbird like the al jazeera sports channels, also i wanted to know what images are and how to install it and all that, what are bouquets and whats cccam? what satellite dish will i need how do i connect to it? im so clueless so a dummies guide would be gd. If anyone can either be kind enough to help me out or link me to a guide id be very grateful.

Diablo13
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
There should be a sticky or something under the heading Dreambox under the forums link at the top pajazzle.
I'm sorry I cant help more but I don't have one.
Maybe Fergal or someone can help you more tomorrow with questions.

**OVERRIDE**
03-05-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?31068-Dreambox-Getting-Started-For-New-Users

Pejazzle
03-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I have seen that guide but it was posted in 2008 so im not sure all the information is still relevant or up to date?

fergalsworld
03-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Its pretty straight forward really
1. buy a dish and point it at 13.e hotbird a 85cm or 1m dish would do check our sponsor
2. buy a clone dm500s 50-60 quid there is plenty of places to get one from
3. flash it with any 500 image there is plenty to choose from like command 14.3 you can do this using dreamup or telnet
4. install cccam either from the addons menu in the image or manually do it via ftp
5. you will then have to get/purchase a cline of somebody who has the al jazeera sports channels and put it into the cccam.cfg file
6. the box will need to be connected to the net via your router using a ethernet cable and to the dish using a sat cable.