PDA

View Full Version : Judd Trump seals win over Martin Gould

Reddevil
23-04-2011, 04:32 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52315000/jpg/_52315355_011814497-1.jpg
Trump had nine half century breaks and a 108 in his victory over Gould Judd Trump booked his place in the quarter-finals of the World Championship after a commanding 13-6 victory over Martin Gould.
Having won the final four frames on Friday to secure an 11-5 lead, Trump quickly moved within one frame of victory after a break of 67.
Gould, who beat Marco Fu in round one, won the next but Trump secured the match after a stylish break of 69.
Mark Allen won six frames in succession to lead Barry Hawkins 9-7.
That match continues at 1900 BST, and having trailed 5-3 overnight and then lost the opening two frames on Saturday - the second of which was on the black - Allen will resume firmly in the ascendancy.
He compiled runs of 79, 114 and 82 in three consecutive frames and prevailed in a tight final frame to open a useful advantage.
Trump, who won the China Open this month and defeated reigning world champion Neil Robertson in the first round, again looked in assured form.
The 21-year-old's next opponent is less certain, with Graeme Dott and Ali Carter locked at 8-8 going into Saturday afternoon's concluding session.http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/52315000/jpg/_52315160_gouldmiserable.jpg

Trump capitalises on Friday night as Gould misses final black

"They've got a tough game on their hands so hopefully they'll tire each other out," Trump said.
Trump admitted his recent success has been bewildering but believes he can go on to win the world title on 2 May. "I always knew if I brought a decent game with me I could go out and win it, and I still feel that," he said. "I'm definitely super-confident. I feel like I've got the game to go out and win it.
"I'm on such a high, I've got used to winning whereas I was used to losing before.
"The last month has exceeded my wildest expectations. I have to bring myself back to reality sometimes. I've only won two games, so it's nothing that special. I've still got a long way to go. There's a lot of tough players out there to beat."
Gould agreed that the world number 11 had the capabilities to lift the trophy and said: "If he scores like he has been and keeps potting the long ones like he does, then who knows, his name could be on the title.
"We've all known Judd for many a year, and we all know what he can do."