View Full Version : advice needed on first attempt

Magnu420
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
ok guys im gonna do my first attempt to install a motorised sat dish
when the wind has dropped,just a couple of questions
which type of anchor bolt should i use
a rawlbolt type,or a sleeve type,the t&k brackets are going on the
wall at back which has render on with stone chips on then you got the brick
would the sleeve anchor do for this,or will i need the rawl bolt type,would i have
to chip away around the brackets to expose the brickwork,then put either the sleeve type
or rawl type bolt in or just leave the render alone and drill thru into the brick

also hopefully im gonna have the dish above the guttering,how for above the gutterin should roughly the end of the pole be about 1.5mtrs ????
dish is 1mtr,the pole 10'

notanotherone
13-04-2011, 09:58 AM

ok mate mines the same stone chip but i didnt chip any away reason being if you do that you could allow rain to get into it and it mite seep thro so for me i didnt ,yep i used raw bolts thro my t+k brackets again you want these secure and not to move you dont want to up and down every fortnight again my preferance ,it all depends about the height i mean if its say 1 meter above the guttering can it swing thro the full arc without hitting the roof?if you look at pic it shows you how the dish would move from east to west i mean can yours do that,if you look at the second picture it shows you all the sats you have to see if yours was up how far will it turn with hitting anything

Magnu420
13-04-2011, 11:12 AM
ive thought about the water seepin into the render,ive found out that theres chemical anchor
which is like a compound you squirt it into the holes then get some threaded studded bar
an d you twist the bar in and leave it to set,this might be a better solution for me as the bricks
are old

http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=33

wullboy
13-04-2011, 09:11 PM
The ones you are looking for Mags, are they not called anchor rawlbolts m8 ??

Magnu420
13-04-2011, 09:23 PM
a toss up between this To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and this To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. but im tempted to go with the chemical anchor http://www.rawlplug.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=33