PDA

View Full Version : Strange preview post issue since since site update.

Diablo13
08-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Not sure if this is a fault or not, I just find it a bit annoying!
When you make a post and you use the "preview post button", it used to show your post full width, exactly as it will appear once submitted.
Now it shows the post in a compacted format, before appearing full size once actually submitted.
In effect this means that as the lines of text are shorter, you don't preview your post as it will appear at all!
As I like to see my posts as others will see them, so that I can make alterations to my posts before submission, the preview working in this way seems to defeat the object of it?
I am not sure if this is intentional and I can speculate that the space provided at the sides of previews could be for the previously mentioned future addition of Google ads, or something equally rubbish!
I thought it was a point worth raising, as for whatever reason it happens, I prefer the old proper preview style!

Reddevil
08-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Not sure if this is a fault or not, I just find it a bit annoying!
When you make a post and you use the "preview post button", it used to show your post full width, exactly as it will appear once submitted.
Now it shows the post in a compacted format, before appearing full size once actually submitted.
In effect this means that as the lines of text are shorter, you don't preview your post as it will appear at all!
As I like to see my posts as others will see them, so that I can make alterations to my posts before submission, the preview working in this way seems to defeat the object of it?
I am not sure if this is intentional and I can speculate that the space provided at the sides of previews could be for the previously mentioned future addition of Google ads, or something equally rubbish!
I thought it was a point worth raising, as for whatever reason it happens, I prefer the old proper preview style!

l Think its how it is designed to appear its a mini version, not sure of the benefits, but should appear close to when posted.