PDA

View Full Version : What do I do now?

woodbine
30-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Sorry to be an idiot but now the Wii has softmode and the games are on an external hard drive
What do I do next? I don?t want to muck it up by doing the wrong thing.

ps, I have made a donation to wod to say thank you to billy8791 for the work he did ,and to tinkertiler, fergalsworld, berley to name just a few for all the help I have received from them also to all in the forum who helps people like myself.

notanotherone
30-03-2011, 07:41 PM
ok can someone who has a soft mod please help woodbine here? ,mines is chiped so its a differnet set up i found this but dont know if it helps woodbine http://www.ehow.com/how_5785583_play-external-usb-hard-drive.html

DessertDog
30-03-2011, 07:45 PM
So is mine much better lol

tinkertiler
30-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Im not too sure on this but is the homebrew channel on it anywhere? And if so what is in it? The wii isnt my stong point lol so most of it will be guess work!

woodbine
30-03-2011, 09:41 PM
notanotherone & DessertDog,
my wii is also chiped but because I could not D/L & burn them I was told soft mode would be good,

Tinkertiler, Im not too sure on but I though you could not use the homebrew channel if your wii was chiped, I have not plugged the wii in yet as I don't want to mess it up.

thank you all for your help.

tinkertiler
30-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Plug it in and have a look around and see if the homebrew channel is on there dont plug the hard drive in just yet. Im pretty sure you cant mess it up but if we take it one step at a time im sure we will get it sorted. I will have a look on google to see if i can find out anymore on the subject.

EDIT - just been looking and you should have a homebrew channel somewhere on there. When you find it look for a program called WiiFlow and that is what you need to play games off the hard drive. I found this link and it may be a bit of help showing you how to use it all being well lol If it doesnt make any sence let us know and we will try and work it out. http://www.chrislowthian.co.uk/playing-nintendo-wii-games-from-a-usb-hard-drive/389/

woodbine
31-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Plug it in and have a look around and see if the homebrew channel is on there dont plug the hard drive in just yet. Im pretty sure you cant mess it up but if we take it one step at a time im sure we will get it sorted. I will have a look on google to see if i can find out anymore on the subject.

EDIT - just been looking and you should have a homebrew channel somewhere on there. When you find it look for a program called WiiFlow and that is what you need to play games off the hard drive. I found this link and it may be a bit of help showing you how to use it all being well lol If it doesnt make any sence let us know and we will try and work it out. Playing Nintendo Wii Games From a USB Hard Drive (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thank you but I hurt my leg on Tuesday they say to stay off it if I can lol I can't get down to the TV to get the wii fitted so as soon as I can I will link it up and let you know, in the mean time I will have a look at the link.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Im not too sure on this but is the homebrew channel on it anywhere? And if so what is in it? The wii isnt my stong point lol so most of it will be guess work!
I found the homebrew channel and next to it there is a USB Loader CFG, should I try plugging the hard drive in with my fingers crossed?

ps: I should have said when I went into the the homebrew channel it said net work not initialized this could be because it is chiped I don't know.

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Google this
"wii usb loader cfg"
also check youtube
YouTube - Wii CFG USB Loader (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I would turn it off first then plug it in and click on usb loader cfg then click start tab

woodbine
31-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Google this
"wii usb loader cfg"
also check youtube
YouTube - Wii CFG USB Loader (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I would turn it off first then plug it in and click on usb loader cfg then click start tab
Thank you i will try it now fingers crossed.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 12:36 PM
No luck it said could not load file press any button to reboot wii,

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Try rebooting it, i dont have a wii but what i have read i think thats all you do click on usb loader cfg and the games that are on the usb hdd should show up like in the youtube link i posted earlier.
If anyone has a softmodded wii with usb loader cfg and homebrew on can you jump in and help woodbine get it going please.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Google this
"wii usb loader cfg"
also check youtube
Done both no luck when I click usb loader cfg the next page is back to wii menu or start when I click startit does not open main window like in youtube it says could not load file press any button to reboot wii, can I plug my the hard drive into my laptop to see if it has files or is that silly?

woodbine
31-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't really know much about the wii or ps3 but I have just I plug my the hard drive into my laptop to see the files which are on it and it does not say Wii games it says PS3 games has he loaded the wrong games as I said I don't understand they would not have played on the wii when he tested them,would they? I am lost!!!!
Sorry I don't mean to be a idiot.

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't really know much about the wii or ps3 but I have just I plug my the hard drive into my laptop to see the files which are on it and it does not say Wii games it says PS3 games has he loaded the wrong games as I said I don't understand they would not have played on the wii when he tested them,would they? I am lost!!!!
Sorry I don't mean to be a idiot.
That can't be right why would it have PS3 games on lol, he must of checked it worked ok before sending it back to you, unless he has sent the wrong hdd
can you take a screen shot and upload it here of what you see when you browse the hdd on your pc.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 04:57 PM
That can't be right why would it have PS3 games on lol, he must of checked it worked ok before sending it back to you, unless he has sent the wrong hdd
can you take a screen shot and upload it here of what you see when you browse the hdd on your pc.
fergal I would love to do that but I would not know how or where to start

it is my hdd with my S/N that has came back.

I copied what it says
When I open it 1 file: Gamez 20/3/2011
Then 2 files: 1) BLES-00417 03/12/2010 08:36
2) BLES01100-[MotoGP 1011] 15/03/2011 18:35
Open BLES-00417 3 items
PS3_GAME 03/12/2010 08:36
Game 20/03/2011 09:15 conf sett 1KB
PS3_DISC.SFB 01/12/2010 23:00 2KB
Open BLES01100 4items
PS3_GAME 15/03/2011 18:33
PS3_UPDATE 15/03/2011 18:35
Game 20/03/2011 11:25 conf sett 1KB
PS3_DISC.SFB 15/03/2011 18:27 2KB
If I open the PS3_GAME they open up to a list of PS3 games ect
I hope this helps

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 05:55 PM
fergal I would love to do that but I would not know how or where to start

They do look like ps3 game:confused: i just wish someone who has a wii WOULD JUMP IN AND OFFER SOME HELP
To take a screen shot open the hdd on your pc then press and hold the shift key (arrow up key next to the ?) then press the print screen key then let go of both
now click start/programs/accessories and open paint, once in there click edit and choose paste if all goes well you will see a picture of the hdd that you was looking at before,
click file/save as in the top box it "save in" is were its going to save it usually "my pictures", change the "save as type"9bottom box) to jpeg,jpg,etc using the drop down
arrow, above in file name call it hdd, it should save it in my pictures folder
see piccie attached
then upload it when you reply

woodbine
31-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry I have the photo's but how do I upload and do you want all 6 ?

grantstrouther1982
31-03-2011, 06:42 PM
i hope this is of some help

i have a soft mod wii and a custom firmware ps3 and the files showing on your external are for the ps3.

wii games do not show on your laptop or pc unless you are using a program called WBFS manager to read the drive as the format the wii reads is WBFS not Fat32 or ntfs.
you can download WBFS manager by a simple google search and that wii give you the option to format the external you have to the correct format.

when plugging the external in to the wii make sure it is in the bottom usb socket if your wii is laying flat / right hand socket as you look at the back of the wii if its stood up.

as for games i mainly use private tracker torrent sites as i find them far more reliable than public ones such as piratebay etc.

if you know how to download torrents and need an invite to the site i use the pm me and i'll get one sorted for you just as Berley did for me quite some time back.

if you do go the private tracker torrent route just be aware that you must seed back what you download, so if you download a 4 gig wii game make sure you leave it seeding untill you have seeded 4 gig to keep your ratio otherwise you may get booted off the site.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 07:06 PM
i hope this is of some help
i have a soft mod wii and a custom firmware ps3 and the files showing on your external are for the ps3.
wii games do not show on your laptop or pc unless you are using a program called WBFS manager to read the drive as the format the wii reads is WBFS not Fat32 or ntfs.
you can download WBFS manager by a simple google search and that wii give you the option to format the external you have to the correct format.
when plugging the external in to the wii make sure it is in the bottom usb socket if your wii is laying flat / right hand socket as you look at the back of the wii if its stood up.
as for games i mainly use private tracker torrent sites as i find them far more reliable than public ones such as piratebay etc.
if you know how to download torrents and need an invite to the site i use the pm me and i'll get one sorted for you just as Berley did for me quite some time back.
if you do go the private tracker torrent route just be aware that you must seed back what you download, so if you download a 4 gig wii game make sure you leave it seeding untill you have seeded 4 gig to keep your ratio otherwise you may get booted off the site.

Hi, sorry its a long story short I got someone to softmod the wii for me as I get lost with everything the hdd was meant to have wii games on it but as you said they are PS3 does this mean the hdd needs to be format?

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Sorry I have the photo's but how do I upload and do you want all 6 ?
click reply then click advance scroll down to manage attachments then click choose file and click upload.

grantstrouther1982
31-03-2011, 07:09 PM
if you are wanting to put wii games on it yes, as i said if you google WBFS manager that is the program you need to download. it will format the drive and transfer any wii games you download on to the drive with ease.

DessertDog
31-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Here is the file i think you want.I know nowt about soft modding but im sure this is the file you need.

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 07:17 PM
@grantstrouther1982
will using WBFS manager allow woodbine to see if there is anything else hidden on the hdd before formatting?

grantstrouther1982
31-03-2011, 07:19 PM
if it had any wii games on it the would have to be in a seperate partition on the drive as they need to be on a WBFS formated drive for the wii to see them

the file DD has posted is the right program just a newer version than the 1 i use i think the only difference is that one supports gamecube games aswell but i could be wrong as i sort of left the wii scene behind when the ps3 got hacked lol.

regularly use wbfs manager to stick more games on the wii for the kids mind you

woodbine
31-03-2011, 07:20 PM
click reply then click advance scroll down to manage attachments then click choose file and click upload.
do you still want me to upload them grandtstrouther 1982 says they are PS3 games

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 07:31 PM
if it had any wii games on it the would have to be in a seperate partition on the drive as they need to be on a WBFS formated drive for the wii to see them

So can you use wbfs to browse it first to make sure there is no hidden seperate partition?

do you still want me to upload them grandtstrouther 1982 says they are PS3 games
Yes please as it wont do any harm you can upload about 4 in one post i think just click choose file and pick another after uploading the first one

grantstrouther1982
31-03-2011, 07:33 PM
the partition would still show in windows as an empty partition and if you clicked on it it will say it needs formatting so if only 1 drive letter or name shows in windows then its more than likely its just the files showing on the external

gotta leave the laptop for a while now guys as i'm on lone parent duty tonight so have my hands full with my 3 bundles of joy lol

will check back later and offer any more help if i can.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 07:42 PM
the only place I can find reply is on a pm to you mean send them on a pm?Sorry

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 07:47 PM
No when you click reply on my post you then click go advanced
see piccie
after clicking go advanced scroll down and you will see manage attachments and you will get a popup like the 3rd picture

woodbine
31-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I hope it works

woodbine
31-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Thank you I you showed me how to do two other things thank you again

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 08:24 PM
They do say PS3 but I would wait until grantstrouther1982 or someone else confirms this,
in the mean time you can download WBFS Manager from DD's post 23 on to your pc and install it (you will have to extract it from the rar file first)
then if grantstrouther198 says you do have to format it you will be prepared.

woodbine
31-03-2011, 08:41 PM
I have downloaded & installed the WBFS Manager from DD's post so I will be ready when grantstrouther1982 says to format I will, I hope I am not being to stupid but it will only format that HDD and not my whole laptop?
Thank you all for your help once again

fergalsworld
31-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I have downloaded & installed the WBFS Manager from DD's post so I will be ready when grantstrouther1982 says to format I will, I hope I am not being to stupid but it will only format that HDD and not my whole laptop?
Thank you all for your help once again
Yes as long as you only pick that drive just don't choose your C: drive as that's your laptop.

grantstrouther1982
31-03-2011, 09:07 PM
hi guys now i've got the little ones tucked up in bed i've taken a look at woodbines uploaded pics and they are 100% ps3 games, i'd crack ahead with the WBFS format and then start downloading your wii games.

if you pm me your email addy woodbine i'll send you that invite for the torrent site i use just remember to keep an eye on your ratio

woodbine
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you all I will keep you informed ,
I meant to say before I format the HDD if possible I will copy the files to my laptop in case billy8791 wants them back.

grantstrouther1982
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
i am in the process of providing email support to woodbine to try and get this sorted asap

woodbine
03-04-2011, 03:20 PM
I am thicker than 2 short planks I can do nothing , tried with 2 hdd and still no luck
but grantstrouther1982 is still trying, may be its the sofemod? I just dont know,
I thought it may have worked with this being m/day but it may be waiting for Thurs my B/Day fingers crossed.
will keep in touch.
Thank you all.

grantstrouther1982
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
hi guys just a quick update woodbine is now all up and running, the persistent email support paid off and we finally have it all sorted.

after many emails and a process of trial and error we found it was simply a missing sd card so i emailed woodbine a clone of the files needed from my sd and that was it, so simple but if your new to the wii softmod scene something you wouldnt know about

woodbine
04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
hi guys just a quick update woodbine is now all up and running, the persistent email support paid off and we finally have it all sorted.
after many emails and a process of trial and error we found it was simply a missing sd card so i emailed woodbine a clone of the files needed from my sd and that was it, so simple but if your new to the wii softmod scene something you wouldnt know about
As you can all see grantstrouther1982, did it he emailed me the files I needed believe it or not I need a SD card with files in it to make it work without it the softmod is useless.
Who's a happy bunny!!!!!

A great BIG thank you to grantstrouther1982 who is going to continue to help me to get covers ect.
once again thank you to the forum for all the help I have been given!

Magnu420
05-04-2011, 12:02 AM
im glad you got there in the end and a big thanks to grantstrouther for his time and paitience

fergalsworld
05-04-2011, 12:32 AM
A big thanks to grantstrouther1982:clap:
glad you are up and running woodbine

tinkertiler
05-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Brilliant news and a big thsnk you to grantstrouther1982 for helping out. Great to see you finally got it sorted woodbine :)

grantstrouther1982
05-04-2011, 08:10 AM
just glad i could help, after all the help and information i've been given from the forum it was nice to be the one helping instead of looking for help lol

notanotherone
05-04-2011, 08:22 AM
just glad i could help, after all the help and information i've been given from the forum it was nice to be the one helping instead of looking for help lol

well done mate a credit to the way of the forum ...........help to everyone

berley
05-04-2011, 08:57 AM

Well done from me as well grant, i sent you rep yesterday for your perseverance in making woodbine a happy bunny :)

woodbine
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you all again, next time I could possibly be giving help.

notanotherone
05-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Thank you all again, next time I could possibly be giving help.

ok im having problems with my washing machine how do i get the washing out of it :hyst:

woodbine
05-04-2011, 01:41 PM
grantstrouther1982 just to say thank you for the invited you sent me to the torrent site and the instructions you sent telling me how to go about getting the games on to the drive
after I had downloaded them, also to let you know I now have 5 games on the drive and I will keep going, I can’t believe I can do it thanks again to you!

notanotherone = you should get a washing machine like my son had before he left home it trained the washing to come down the stair jump in washing machine jump out iron its self and climb the stairs and put its self away, I have looked for one for myself but never found one just my luck I should have asked the forum for help lol

Diablo13
05-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm just surprised nao managed to get the washing in the machine in the first place!
That's real progress so don't be in such a rush, getting it in and washing it is enough for now.
You don't want to overtax yourself, the rest will come in time! :lol3:

Glad you got sorted in the end woodbine.