PDA

View Full Version : back up blackhole 1.4.5 image

gizajob
19-03-2011, 03:43 PM
hi guys - i trying to back up my blackhole image..used the downlaoded script..executed the script....ive got a usb of 256mb where i want to backup the image, but once the backup process starts..it doesnt backup anything to the usb...does it backup on the box itself...ive been to media/usb..but there is nothing in there that is around 45mb that should be my backup image..i get the following screen message when its backing up:

"Execution Progress

vuplus detected

Examine free memory, it approx. 60MB one needs
memory is small 60MB
create swap with HDD with 60 mb
61440=0 records in "

if i press the up button on the remote i get the following screen..see pic attached

where is my backup...?

notanotherone
19-03-2011, 03:50 PM
it should back up to the hdd

gizajob
19-03-2011, 07:18 PM
ok cheers...i didnt have my hard drive installed, wanted to back it up on the usb stick..connected my hard drive and its backed up fine..will just copy the saved image over to my usb stick...

Diablo13
19-03-2011, 07:34 PM
It takes quite a while to back up and during that time you get the screen you got. It appears to be doing nothing, then all of a sudden you get a completed message,
Try again and wait longer.

After saying that it does back up better to the internal hdd.
I had some issues backing up to a usb stick as well.
You should back up to hhd then ftp into the box and save the backup file on your computer for safety's sake. You can copy your backup file onto a usb stick from there, then if you get problems with your box later you can do a cold boot from the usb stick to restore your settings.

gizajob
19-03-2011, 09:54 PM
ta mate..done exactly that, just spent nearly an hour routing another feed from the lnb so i can make use of the twin tuners...using tuner A in loopthrough mode with tuner A..just figuring out how to watch one channel and record a few others...lol..