PDA

View Full Version : twin tuners/recording

gizajob
17-03-2011, 10:47 PM
hi guys - excuse my ignorance, but ive just orderd a 1tb samsung spinpoin f3 hard drive..so i can do some recording while watching one channel and recording another...would i need to have both tuners connected to the cable feed as i only have one sat feed coming in from the lnb,although i can add 3 more looking at the lnb inputs?...also would i need to set up tuner B and do a full scan on it as well so both tuners are enabled ?..sorry if its obvious, but not to me..lol

fergalsworld
17-03-2011, 10:51 PM
You will need the 2 tuners connected to your dish otherwise you will only be able to record one channel and watch another that is on the same transonder
no you wont need to setup tuner b and do a scan. you just need to put a feed to it.

notanotherone
18-03-2011, 12:07 PM
as fergals said youd only be able to record one channel while watching another if it was on the same transponder so its better if you link up both tuners,also remember you can pause live tv with the duo as well just like a sky+box

BraveHeart
06-06-2011, 05:11 AM
resurecting this thread here if ya dont mind.

I'm only using one sat feed into the vu+duo, does that mean I can switch on like coronation street for example and start to record that and then it will keep recording corrie and I can still go and watch another channel on the box ?

And also, as notanotherone says, does this mean because I have a hard drive fitted that whilst watching anything at any time on the duo I can simply pause it, go for a cold beer or a pizz (lol) and come back and press play and continue watching where I left off from ? I think i can remember doing that with the sky+ box but not sure as i didnt use it much ?

BraveHeart
09-06-2011, 05:00 AM
resurecting this thread here if ya dont mind.

I'm only using one sat feed into the vu+duo, does that mean I can switch on like coronation street for example and start to record that and then it will keep recording corrie and I can still go and watch another channel on the box ?

And also, as notanotherone says, does this mean because I have a hard drive fitted that whilst watching anything at any time on the duo I can simply pause it, go for a cold beer or a pizz (lol) and come back and press play and continue watching where I left off from ? I think i can remember doing that with the sky+ box but not sure as i didnt use it much ?

no one know, no ?

notanotherone
09-06-2011, 05:04 AM
with a fixed dish you will only be able to record one channel and watch another that is on the same transponder and yes you can pause live tv

Diablo13
09-06-2011, 05:14 AM
Second question first;
Yes you can record live tv pause it using timeslip, then come back to watch where you left off.

If you start recording one channel, it will still record while you check other channel listings, but if you try to switch to that other channel and it does not show in the listings in white, (most will show as grey), that means it is on a different transponder, so you will get an error message saying "no tuners available" or "do you want to cancel the current recording?"
To make best use of your box you need to connect both tuners to your dish.
Otherwise you might as well have saved money and just got a cheaper single tuner box in the first place!

Does that help?

BraveHeart
09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
thats great info guys, thanks a lot, i didnt even realise i could do things like that as i have never tried as its the wife who watches the tv 99% of the time, so i showed her how to pause live tv etc, excellent man, i thought ya could only do that with the likes of the real sky boxs etc, learn summit new everyday :)

notanotherone
09-06-2011, 11:37 PM
its handy when your watching football and the god jockeys come to your door for a chat

BraveHeart
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
LOL,

obviously it goes into recording mode or summit, I noticed when i tried it tonight while pausing a program, but where does the data get saved to ? i went to look on the HDD and cant find any saved data, or does it just delete its self once your done with it ?

Diablo13
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
its handy when your watching football and the god jockeys come to your door for a chat

lol if they want to come to my flat they have to go up 3 flights of stairs first!
If they choose to do that then they are too tired to argue when they get to me.
Not that I give them chance to argue anyway. :lumber:

notanotherone
10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
its timeshift braveheart it just stops every thing like you know when dr who is time traveling