PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking a blocked iphone 3gs

Gazer
16-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm looking at buying a iphone 3gs for ?50 from one of the lads at work.
He had losted it and got a replacement sent from his insurance, then a few days later finds it again.
Anyway this phone as been locked and only a apple sign lighting up on it, so it as been given to me to play with before i buy it or not being the case.
I had to do a phone re-boot using itunes to get it working again which now i have all back up and running so at the worst i have a itouch without the phone bit lol.
I know it as been blocked with orange as i have tryed this with a orange sim, but if i was to jail break it then unlock it will it work with the likes of o2 .....or do they all get together now with these iphones and lock all networks ?

Ureyesonly
16-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm looking at buying a iphone 3gs for ?50 from one of the lads at work.
He had losted it and got a replacement sent from his insurance, then a few days later finds it again.
Anyway this phone as been locked and only a apple sign lighting up on it, so it as been given to me to play with before i buy it or not being the case.
I had to do a phone re-boot using itunes to get it working again which now i have all back up and running so at the worst i have a itouch without the phone bit lol.
I know it as been blocked with orange as i have tryed this with a orange sim, but if i was to jail break it then unlock it will it work with the likes of o2 .....or do they all get together now with these iphones and lock all networks ?

As far i know once the network blocks them even jailbreak & unlock wont do the trick, your best bet is to trade or sell it with someone abroad in the EU. blocked iphones work else where[/URL][URL="To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. abroad&rct=j&q=abroad&ei=ZseATY-pD422hAets7mkBw&usg=AFQjCNF3umTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. abroad&rct=j&q=abroad&ei=ZseATY-pD422hAets7mkBw&usg=AFQjCNF3umWwWXq7K0ggQI9JOOMuxT-l5g&cad=rja)

Reddevil
16-03-2011, 03:29 PM
The other problem is now gazer its a criminal offence to alter the IMIE of a blocked phone and has beed a while, only place they work is abroad.

Gazer
16-03-2011, 04:05 PM
The other problem is now gazer its a criminal offence to alter the IMIE of a blocked phone

I know that lol
so is alot of other stuff we do in a life time m8 :2drink:

any way i got it as a music player but i will not be able to try it untill they bring out a nulock for the new Firmware 4.3

Thanks guys

notanotherone
16-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I know that lol
so is alot of other stuff we do in a life time m8 :2drink:

any way i got it as a music player but i will not be able to try it untill they bring out a nulock for the new Firmware 4.3

Thanks guys
hope this isnt the one you were gonna flog me :bomb:

berley
17-03-2011, 12:09 AM
dont be silly, he was gonna flog you the version before the 3gs

Gazer
17-03-2011, 06:46 PM
well i paid the ?50 today for it .....so lets see what happens when the dev team do a unlock for the Firmware 4.3