PDA

View Full Version : installing 2 CCcams ?

gizajob
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
hi guys - ive got CCcam 2.1.4 installed on my vu+duo with the latest VIX 2.0 image...can you install CCcam 2.2.1 as well and keep both...ive tried it with flashfxp, but it doesnt let me install it..do i have to delete the older one first ?..ta

Hunter
10-03-2011, 10:26 AM
hi guys - ive got CCcam 2.1.4 installed on my vu+duo with the latest VIX 2.0 image...can you install CCcam 2.2.1 as well and keep both...ive tried it with flashfxp, but it doesnt let me install it..do i have to delete the older one first ?..ta
how are you installing it?, where? and are you setting the rights?

:6:

gizajob
10-03-2011, 11:35 AM
im installing it via my laptop, wirelessly...through my router which is connected via rthernet cable to the vu..settings are right as i can receive the files from the vu box...i copy the .mispel 2.2.1 to the tmp folder..goto vix ipk installer...gives option to install, but when i try to install..i get some error message like:

"installing cccam 2.2.1 to root...
but that file is already provided by package"

execution finished

do you want to restart GUI now..yes/no ?"

or is it that only one CCcam at a time is allowed ?

Reddevil
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
best way is to:

1. upload to tmp folder enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

2. Vix menu/ipk/ then select the above file

3. The file is about if you google ;)

gizajob
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
best way is to:

1. upload to tmp folder enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk

2. Vix menu/ipk/ then select the above file

3. The file is about if you google ;)
yes thats exactly wha t im doing...same error message...it think i may need to delete..cccam 2.1.4..before i can add 2.2.1 as it may be only one cccam at a time...how do you delete the cccam2.1.4 ?

gizajob
10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
heres a screenshot of the message...think its clashing with other cccam installed already..

fergalsworld
10-03-2011, 01:14 PM
You should be able to go to addons and manually unistall 2.1.4.

Reddevil
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Ftp to the box and remove all cccam files from the /etc/ but save them rather than delete save config file to reupload it after install

I had this problem after reverting to 1.3 after 2.0

the other option is reflash again and start from fresh save settings etc. then instal 2.2.1 instead of 2.1.4

gizajob
10-03-2011, 04:31 PM
couldnt find the addon options...might have to reflash the box..and install cccam 2.2.1..but will first try to delete the cccam files in etc..

notanotherone
10-03-2011, 08:15 PM
goto run input your box ip //192.168.xxx.xx and all should appear goto the etc file and delete ,but question? you were trying to install 2 cccams if i mind right could you tell me why? without breaking any rules

gizajob
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
goto run input your box ip //192.168.xxx.xx and all should appear goto the etc file and delete ,but question? you were trying to install 2 cccams if i mind right could you tell me why? without breaking any rules just seeing which cam works best with my provider..ie, an older one or a much newer one..

wullboy
10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
you cannot ftp in a cam when one is already installed, unless you do it via internet download within your image !!... I tried it with a dm500s and it would not let be install 2 cams, unless i did it via downloads

notanotherone
10-03-2011, 08:46 PM
just seeing which cam works best with my provider..ie, an older one or a much newer one..

ah rite normally i would say the newer one ,but tbh if you have one thats working fine why change the old addage
2if it aint broke dont fix" comes to mind im still using 2.1.3. had no issues with it so didnt find the need to change

cozmo
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
you can use more than 1 cccam in vix np just not at the same time but you can have more than 1 installed so you can chose between them when you want what you do is ftp into the box then goto /user/softcams and put your CCcam.mipsel file in there and rename it to CCcam.2.2.1 or whatever it is if you down load the full cccam files for any version eg. 2.1.4 , 2.2.1 and so on there will always be a file in there called CCcam.mipsel also use a ipk file to install a cccam first so u have all the other files in place eg cccam.cfg and so on then when you change the cccam in softcam manger then cccam.cfg and so on will always be right if you already have a cccam running then you dont need to do the ipk install first

hope this helps cozmo

oh and by the way you can also remove cccam this way just delete the cam you dont want from the /user/softcams dir and it will be gone i do this all the time works 100%

gizajob
11-03-2011, 12:00 AM
you can use more than 1 cccam in vix np just not at the same time but you can have more than 1 installed so you can chose between them when you want what you do is ftp into the box then goto /user/softcams and put your CCcam.mipsel file in there and rename it to CCcam.2.2.1 or whatever it is if you down load the full cccam files for any version eg. 2.1.4 , 2.2.1 and so on there will always be a file in there called CCcam.mipsel also use a ipk file to install a cccam first so u have all the other files in place eg cccam.cfg and so on then when you change the cccam in softcam manger then cccam.cfg and so on will always be right if you already have a cccam running then you dont need to do the ipk install first

hope this helps cozmo

oh and by the way you can also remove cccam this way just delete the cam you dont want from the /user/softcams dir and it will be gone i do this all the time works 100%

ok so ive copied the "enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel" into "softcams" and renamed it to "CCcam.2.2.1" It now shoes up in the softcam setup menu, ive disabled CCcam 2.1.4.....enabled the new CCcam2.2.1 to autostart.....but its not showing up as the active cam...i already have a CCcam.cfg installed with my cline...what am i doing wrong...lol ?

notanotherone
11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
ok if you need to delete cam try this In softcam manager press disable startup then stop

then go to plugins and remove the cam via red button

now you can instal a new cam