PDA

View Full Version : ftp to VU duo

gizajob
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
hi guys - got my VU+duo today, think i can manage to flash an image to it using the usb stick..but not to clever on how to ftp to the box and how to setup an ftp client (whatever that is)..a little help will be great...ta

wullboy
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Im sure there is a tut in either the d box section or the dreambox section, on how to set up a ftp program, Cheers !!

cozmo
05-03-2011, 12:09 PM
you need to go into the network settings under setup/system on the box and then adapter setting to get your ip address then you use a ftp client and you connect to the box on port 21 and the ip address that was in the adapter settings the user name is root and the password is blank
(leave blank) that should get you in i use flashfxp but for some reason it wont let me in with blank password so i would use a diff ftp client than flashfxp to do it unless you know telnet and can change the password or download password changer from the downloads on the image you are using on the box if its there

hope this helps

Cozmo

gizajob
05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
cheers guys ill try filezilla, cuteftp etc...see how i go, at the moment ive just put on vix the latest, set up tuner A to simple mode as im using a fixed sky dish pointung to astra 28.2...just going through the channel scan...after that im gonna set up my network and connect to my router (wired)..do an update and then ill try and get into the box via a ftp client and set up my cline as i have one already working from my starview hd combo..damm this looks exciting..lol..damm this scanning is slow, my sv hd combo takes only 2 minutes..i suppose its the way linux recievers are..

ok update...seems something isnt right..got to 99% of the scanning, found all the channels..then i didnt quite get to read the error message but the box crashed and rebooted...i suppose there is a log file in there somewhere but ihave to ftp to the box now..damm

gizajob
05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
flashed the box again with vix2.0 but same result..flashed vix 1.3 all is ok...updated via the blue button..

ok managed to ftp to the box..using flashfxp...having problems installing CCcam 2.1.4...is there a tut on how to do this ?..ta

notanotherone
07-03-2011, 09:31 PM
flashed the box again with vix2.0 but same result..flashed vix 1.3 all is ok...updated via the blue button..

ok managed to ftp to the box..using flashfxp...having problems installing CCcam 2.1.4...is there a tut on how to do this ?..ta
you have to place it in the temp folder there should be a vix downloder