PDA

View Full Version : i phone sounds

notanotherone
23-02-2011, 12:35 PM
ok heres one for yous i have an app that can turn songs into a 30 sec ringtone ,and its ok ,ive done a few that i think is ok when i go into itunes i can transfer them np to fone but when i go settings sounds ringtones there is only 1 cutom tone? even tho in tunes i can see 5 ?another thing ,when a new message comes in why cant i change that?why am i restricted to 7 set ones why cant i add a sound i like instead of them?

iphone 4 by the way and jail broke ?

Gazer
23-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Try this ring tone and let me know if it works for you ;)

And by the way i have this one set as your ringtone pmsl

notanotherone
23-02-2011, 02:15 PM
cheeky coont lol no i can get them to work np its just when i put a new one on it only allows me to have i new custom ring tone ,it deletes one and only istalls the one you put on last ,when i go to custom ringtones there is only one showing

Gazer
23-02-2011, 02:36 PM
so how meany are showing in your itunes / ringtones ? and make sure the extension is "M4R". They are AAC files with a special name. In this case, the extension is "M4R".

notanotherone
23-02-2011, 02:43 PM
so how meany are showing in your itunes / ringtones ? and make sure the extension is "M4R". They are AAC files with a special name. In this case, and the extension is "M4R".
yea the app makes them into m4r format and i can easily transfer them over to i tunes np as i said and when i look they are there but when i go to fone its only coming up with 1 custom ringtone

Gazer
24-02-2011, 09:22 AM
well see what happens when you add these 4 ringtones but remove the others before you add them........ as i think its somethink that you are doing wrong :roflmao:

notanotherone
24-02-2011, 01:04 PM
still no joy done everything you said look at fotos and nothing look at the one that has just 2 ringtones even when i go into fone it only shows 1 custom ringtone which is s&m

Timoweb
24-02-2011, 01:24 PM
You can only do this with the pc that your iphone ipod songs are loaded to, I had the same prob trying to use me work pc.

notanotherone
24-02-2011, 01:31 PM
You can only do this with the pc that your iphone ipod songs are loaded to, I had the same prob trying to use me work pc.

am on the pc the now timo i managed to get songs and all that to the fone np and as i said i managed to ge 1 custom ringtone but no more

Timoweb
24-02-2011, 01:34 PM
You should be able to drog and drop, make sure you have the sync ringtones box ticked in itunes.

notanotherone
24-02-2011, 02:19 PM
You should be able to drog and drop, make sure you have the sync ringtones box ticked in itunes.

yep done all that but as you see from first picture they are 6 ringtones when you go to the next picture there are only 2 and when you go fone its down to 1 :roflmao:

Gazer
24-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Hmmm dont know why you are using Rmaker for ....but i have mine in the ringtones in the itunes library above the iphone Devices then Sync them across.

notanotherone
24-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Hmmm dont know why you are using Rmaker for ....but i have mine in the ringtones in the itunes library above the iphone Devices then Sync them across.
rmaker makes the ringtones its a free app and once youve made them your supposed to be able to add them to your fone

Gazer
25-02-2011, 08:30 AM
well did you try and move them into the itunes library ringtones above the iphone Devices then Sync them across ?

notanotherone
25-02-2011, 11:21 AM
well did you try and move them into the itunes library ringtones above the iphone Devices then Sync them across ?
:troutslap: did you not look at the pictures i so kindly took for you? yes i tried it as you can see they are sitting in the thing but still dont show up in custom ringtones :roflmao:

Gazer
25-02-2011, 02:25 PM
ok after reading your first post again lol
you said ringtones for your messages .... i thought ringtones for contacts lol
anyway just made a quick phone call after speaking to you and my m8 said that you can only add 1 more to the 7 that is already on there unless you use ssh to add them.
and to do that you can find it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ff6E4dlegQ&feature=player_embedded (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ff6E4dlegQ&feature=player_embedded)

notanotherone
25-02-2011, 06:16 PM
so in essance your replacing the fixed ones that are in your fone you cant actually make new ones,but many thinks for this it will help at least i know ive not been doing anything wrong :roflmao: