PDA

View Full Version : Apple Working on Smaller, Cheaper iPhone

thelostone
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
A report from Bloomberg suggest 2011 might see more than one new iPhone hit the market.

Bloomberg cites people familiar with the matter in reporting that Apple will attempt to slow the the advance of competing Android devices by releasing less expensive iPhones. One possible new model Bloomberg?s source has seen is smaller and cheaper than the iPhone 4. The source said that Apple is considering selling this phone for $200 with no contract.

The person who saw the device said that it may be revealed mid-year or it could get scrapped completely, as Apple often spends time working on projects that never get released. It?s said to be about two-thirds the size of the current iPhone and has no home button. Another possibility that Apple is said to be working on is a dual-mode phone that would allow for use on both CDMA network and GSM network.

Ureyesonly
12-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Some how I can't see this happinin, $200 phone it don't seem like applpes style of doing things lol

thelostone
12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Some how I can't see this happinin, $200 phone it don't seem like applpes style of doing things lol
I would agree with you once but now you have the likes of ZTE (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and Huawei (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. selling some very cheap android mobiles ( the zte sanfrancisco is a very good mobile for ?99)i think allot of people would buy an iphone if they didn't cost as much,Imo apple would do very well with a cheaper iphone....rumor has it its going to be called the ?nano?:p

Ureyesonly
14-02-2011, 04:13 PM
The person who saw the prototype of the new iPhone said the device was significantly lighter than the iPhone 4 and had an edge-to-edge screen that could be manipulated by touch, as well as a virtual keyboard and voice-based navigation. The person said Apple, based in Cupertino, Calif., also plans to upgrade the iPhone 4.