anyone help?

2tone
28-07-2006, 07:58 PM
what box you got m8

jb79
28-07-2006, 08:16 PM
pace 4001.

I had the 'stuck in tune' thing

A friend of mine done the soldering iron thing as per guide and tested it out at his house and my box worked perfectly but when I plugged it back in at my house its still saying stuck in tune. Please help!

stonned2thebone
28-07-2006, 10:46 PM
pace 4001.

I had the 'stuck in tune' thing

A friend of mine done the soldering iron thing as per guide and tested it out at his house and my box worked perfectly but when I plugged it back in at my house its still saying stuck in tune. Please help!

press and hold the down ch when powering up box

jb79
28-07-2006, 11:21 PM
press and hold the down ch when powering up box
thanks for the reply

tried what you said and its came up as channels unavailalle turn off at mains. M043. I done this and still get the error :-(

jb79
29-07-2006, 11:58 AM
is it maybe because i dont have a subscription any more?

stonned2thebone
29-07-2006, 01:33 PM

a 4001 is prone to many diff faults that makes a box stick on tune
go into eng menu
check home freq is set for your area
check net id is set for your area
if they are set to your area then check it has found the network
and has a signal

a common fault is where you put the feed brecks inside the cim and needs to be resoldered
check where t/b was cut sometimes the track lifts and sorts the tuners
you can also check under the board for burnt out risistors

but befor all that if you have wrong id then pulling the red jumper will reset box and set net id to what it should be the freq you have to set yourself also the pin
so check in eng menu let me know and we will try to get it up and running
for you

jb79
29-07-2006, 07:42 PM
a 4001 is prone to many diff faults that makes a box stick on tune
go into eng menu
check home freq is set for your area
check net id is set for your area
if they are set to your area then check it has found the network
and has a signal
a common fault is where you put the feed brecks inside the cim and needs to be resoldered
check where t/b was cut sometimes the track lifts and sorts the tuners
you can also check under the board for burnt out risistors
but befor all that if you have wrong id then pulling the red jumper will reset box and set net id to what it should be the freq you have to set yourself also the pin
so check in eng menu let me know and we will try to get it up and running
for you

firstly, thank you so much for the reply - this is really doing my head in!
i'm not too technical - what is the red jumper?
how do i know if i have the correct frequency and id for my area?

bluey1
29-07-2006, 07:52 PM

if it works at your m8s and not at yours, "then your cable feed has been disconected m8" {thats normaly what they do if you dont have broadband}

jb79
29-07-2006, 08:18 PM
if it works at your m8s and not at yours, "then your cable feed has been disconected m8" {thats normaly what they do if you dont have broadband}
was thinking that. I have nthell broadband though but no longer have a subscription for the tv service - would the feed still be cut off?

stonned2thebone
29-07-2006, 09:12 PM
was thinking that. I have nthell broadband though but no longer have a subscription for the tv service - would the feed still be cut off?

no m8 they use the same feed
to check is easy put an f type connector on the line so you can plug it in to the tv direct from wall
then use the tune on the tv it should pick up free channels
if you recive them cannels your line is live
but as you subscribe to bb then your line is fine i would do a basic test
plug direct in to box no splitters it should boot up ok unless there is a box fault but if it worked ok then should be fine
if it comes on ok then try through the splitter but again if that is ok
then chances are the line you used to start with was at fault and needs to be changed

jb79
30-07-2006, 12:11 AM
no m8 they use the same feed
to check is easy put an f type connector on the line so you can plug it in to the tv direct from wall
then use the tune on the tv it should pick up free channels
if you recive them cannels your line is live
but as you subscribe to bb then your line is fine i would do a basic test
plug direct in to box no splitters it should boot up ok unless there is a box fault but if it worked ok then should be fine
if it comes on ok then try through the splitter but again if that is ok
then chances are the line you used to start with was at fault and needs to be changed
right ok, next part of the saga.
I put the line that went into my box and got channels 1 to 5 but with a poor picture quality. I then went to the splitter and plugged the cable before the split into my box and it worked straight away. I then went back and put in the original cable and its still sstuck in tune. Does that mean the cable from the split to my tv is bust?

charlie senator
30-07-2006, 12:50 AM
no if youve got broadband then the tv feed still comes down the cable check your signal strengh the 4001 needs a strong signal

jb79
30-07-2006, 01:05 AM
no if youve got broadband then the tv feed still comes down the cable check your signal strengh the 4001 needs a strong signalhow do i check the strength? what sould the stregth be?

cheers

stonned2thebone
30-07-2006, 01:00 PM
how do i check the strength? what sould the stregth be?
cheers
change the line from splitter to box if that still gives a prob then you need a diff splitter

jb79
30-07-2006, 04:18 PM
thanks for everyones help - i'll try a new cable tommorow