PDA

View Full Version : vu duo and usb

cactikid
30-01-2011, 10:33 PM
a friend of mine has a duo and he thinks it may be screwed up or kak because of removing or inserting usb while box is on,i would say to anybody to insert or remove only while box is powered off.
can it do major damage as he has to get another one??

Diablo13
31-01-2011, 08:24 AM
It is good advice to turn the box off before inserting or removing a usb stick.
But I find it hard to believe this could ruin the box, though it could corrupt the usb drive.
I would be interested to hear anyone else's informed opinion about this?

notanotherone
31-01-2011, 08:39 AM
pheTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. never heard of this as usb is external drive and should have nothing to do with operation of box ,as its plug and play it shouldnt really do any harm i play movies from usb and dont switch off to remove unless he was in the middle of reflashing image then yes but for normal operation dont think so

cactikid
01-02-2011, 11:40 PM
he was told to try the null modem cable flash but i think he only used the usb stick,think i will tell him to try or retry the cable flash,also someone else said it should be recoverable with the cable method.

Hunter
02-02-2011, 11:03 AM
i guess a small power fluctuation on insert and removal could cause damage but i,m guessing it would have to be a really crapy psu to cause this type of problem

but it has been know :high:

notanotherone
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
tell him to download Vu+ Util Application and do a flash using null modem cable with it