PDA

View Full Version : eurovox max problem

BIGG
28-07-2006, 03:41 PM
hi ive got a problem with my box , some channels come up saying no signal on them . its not even ppv channels its like channel 5 , itv 4 , just to name a couple . ive done a manual scan for channels & it finds them but when i go to them they all say the same , id say i have around 8 channels like this , question is can i fix this myself ? & if so how ? many thanks in advance for any help received

love the site by the way , keep up the good work

royston7777
31-07-2006, 07:17 PM
i had sim prob chan 4 and 5 plus others freezin some channels lost i was told to get arial booster from argos i got slx signal booster,and it worked a treat for me

infiniti
01-08-2006, 07:33 AM
my max box is the same ,it used to be ok ,could this be a prob with the tuner ???

tosh2004
03-08-2006, 09:53 AM
they working ok for me.

kryptonite
12-09-2006, 05:15 PM
It could be that the frequency has been changed by your provider. i think you get 8 tv channels per frequency so if one frequency changes then the chances are 8 channels will fail to work (and any other radio cahnnels on that frequency).

To check the frequency, press the info button twice when on a channel.

When this has happened to me I have had to do a full powerscan to find the new channels.

However, this is with the Eurovox2 so I'm not sure about the max....

samina
14-10-2006, 02:34 AM
Hello all, I too have had slight problems with updating taking several minutes to complete, sometimes twice a day, and of course it always happens just as your fav programme is about to start

Therefore, a couple of days ago I decided to have a tinker with the settings, as I know how to reflash if it went tits up. This is what I did...

1) Go into main menu and then choose Language Settings.
2) Input the magic number 1968 to enable the hidden options at the bottom.
3) Input 1968 AGAIN to enter the encryption keys area. Here you will find eight areas, which you can select with the left and right keys, containing numerous keys. DELETE every single one of them in all areas. Exit and SAVE.
4) Power box down for a few seconds then power it back up. Select an encrypted channel, one of the Movies for example, and wait 30 to 60 seconds while it captures the current keys from the stream.
5) Once picture appears it should then work as before but, as in my case anyway, with fewer "Updating Data" pop-ups and a shorter time to update when it has to. There will now be only two keys in the NagraVision section, at least that's how mine is now.

i hope this will solve your problem Samina

garry35
16-10-2006, 01:59 AM
did u try an autoscan ?

budmonster
21-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Ive had the same problem if its not already plugged into the direct input into your home not through splitters or anything try that my missing channels apeared its worth doing a scan like that as well or get a booster

etsme
21-11-2006, 11:44 PM
I've tryed it all too, I find plugging the NTL one back in for a while then plugging the dbox back in works for a bit.
ets-me

terry
22-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Hello all, I too have had slight problems with updating taking several minutes to complete, sometimes twice a day, and of course it always happens just as your fav programme is about to start

Therefore, a couple of days ago I decided to have a tinker with the settings, as I know how to reflash if it went tits up. This is what I did...

1) Go into main menu and then choose Language Settings.
2) Input the magic number 1968 to enable the hidden options at the bottom.
3) Input 1968 AGAIN to enter the encryption keys area. Here you will find eight areas, which you can select with the left and right keys, containing numerous keys. DELETE every single one of them in all areas. Exit and SAVE.
4) Power box down for a few seconds then power it back up. Select an encrypted channel, one of the Movies for example, and wait 30 to 60 seconds while it captures the current keys from the stream.
5) Once picture appears it should then work as before but, as in my case anyway, with fewer "Updating Data" pop-ups and a shorter time to update when it has to. There will now be only two keys in the NagraVision section, at least that's how mine is now.

i hope this will solve your problem Samina
i have a similar problem, ive done the power scan, i just keep gettin the same 9 channels repeated, cant even get the free ones. is there any chance someone could post an idiots guide to setting these boxes up, please. i've already gone nuts, i think i becoming sane again. which is a shame, i think i was happier when i was mad.......

imran
29-11-2006, 06:42 PM
I too had a problem with the channels coming up as no signal or awaiting update. I disconneted the splitter and connected directly to the NTL outlet. I then re-scanned and all the channels came up. I am now going to get a booster which should helo with the signal.

I would however like to see an idiots guide because I would like to re-program the box at the moment I cannot reveive the EPG. Pleae let me know how I can re-program do I need nagra or can I do this just by connecting to the program update.

Thanks

alanbk
30-11-2006, 08:26 PM
An old document from this forum.Thanks to the original writer.

nadum35
03-12-2006, 12:13 AM
many thanks samina... it works for me...

cable-guy
14-12-2006, 10:18 PM
SETTING UP & SCANNING FOR CHANNELS

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS SHEET BEFORE YOU BEGIN AS IT CONTAINS USEFUL INFORMATION THAT YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW.

Ensure you have plugged your cable feed into the RF IN socket on the back of the Eurovox Max. (You will need to use the F-Connector adapter to make it fit). Connect the box to the mains, and to your TV using a SCART lead. You should now see your Eurovox on your TV.

Press EXIT repeatedly to come out of the Setup screens.

Now press MENU.

Go to CONFIG.

Go down to CLEAR DATA and press OK.

Now type in the pin 0000 and press OK.

Press OK again to ERASE ALL CHANNELS and press OK at the warning. It will now delete all data to make sure we are starting with a clear channel list.

When done press EXIT.

Go to INSTALLATION and press OK.

Type in pin 0000.

Now press the YELLOW BUTTON for POWERSCAN.

Press the RIGHT arrow on the Remote to change the MODE to FULL.

Now press OK. This will begin the Bruteforce Powerscan which can take up to 40 minutes, but it is guaranteed to find every single channel on the network. Once done you should have around 200 or more channels.

If at the end of a scan no channels have been found just make sure that the cable feed is plugged into RF IN and not Antenna. Also, there are two different "SYMBOL RATES" in the UK, 6887 and 6952. When you press the yellow button to do a Powerscan have a look at what the symbol rate is set to, then change it to the opposite, ie: if it is 6952 change it to 6887 and vice versa. You have to change it from FULL to NORMAL before you can change the Symbol Rate. Then do a FULL POWERSCAN again.

In some areas you may get the message CHECK YOUR CABLE STATUS at the beginning and it appears to not be working. If this happens you should try doing a scan on both Symbol Rates anyway, because 9 times out of 10 it will still work. This is because some areas work slightly differently, especially brand new installations.

Also, sometimes if the boxes have had a rough journey to you with the courier, the cables inside can work loose and this shows up as it not getting any or all of the channels after a scan. Just check that all the cables are plugged in inside. To do this simply take out the five case screws and lift the lid. Now make sure all the white cables are pushed home.

Rather than having the channels in their jumbled up order you can arrange them alphabetically by doing the following:-

Press MENU then go to CHANNELS
Enter your pin (0000) and press the RED button (SORT) then RED (NAME) again. This will put them into Alphabetical order. Now press EXIT and it will save the new order.

If you want to arrange the channels into your own FAVOURITES section go to MENU and select ADD FAVOURITES. Now press whichever colour button you want to put that channel into that FAVOURITES group.

To rename your FAVOURITES group go to MENU>CHANNELS>FAVOURITE MANAGER and press the BLUE button (Edit Fav Group). There is a manual included anyway, with full instructions on all aspects of using your Eurovox.

hope this helps!!!