PDA

View Full Version : Please can anyone help

woodbine
15-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Hi, can anyone help me had a laptop since Xmas today I downloaded a Funweb product while I was running a scan with Super antispyware also doing a update on my avast antivirus and after update I asked to restart, when I started up again avast went into search mode It took two hours to finish
And found lots of files infected by win32: mywebsearch [PUP] and moved them to chest. Other files stated ram corrupt.
Then it said rebooting still nothing although sometimes the drum flashes but screen is black what should I do?

Diablo13
15-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Try booting in "Safe" mode, F8 while booting.
If that works you may be able to run a full in depth virus scan to clean it out and delete the offending file?

woodbine
15-01-2011, 08:31 PM
If that works you may be able to run a full in depth virus scan to clean it out and delete the offending file?

Thank you I will try that now, I was too scared to turn it off incase I damaged it.

woodbine
15-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Running a search now !!!

Diablo13
15-01-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't know how your particular anti virus works, but when you go to run it, there should be the options of "run a quick scan" or "Run a full scan" or "run an in depth scan" , something like that.
It should take quite a bit to complete so don't worry about it, just let it run and hope it solves your problem.

woodbine
15-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I am running a full scan with Super antispyware and it has found 35 adware. MY Web search 35 tracking cookies & 637 adware. MY Web Search/Fun Web Products so far, still running
after that should I also run Avast?
can I empty the vault after it finishes or should I keep them in the vault?

Diablo13
16-01-2011, 01:03 AM
You shouldn't need to run avast I don't think, but you wont do any harm if you do. Belt and braces and all that to be sure!
I would clear the vault to prevent re infection, but be aware that you could possibly delete the odd cookie or something you want to keep.
At least you can get that stuff back later and the alternative of getting your problems back is much worse!

woodbine
17-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Diablo 13:
Really sorry for the delay in getting back to you,but the old PC i was on asking for help totally crashed I had the blue screen it would not start even with disk or even in safemode so I could not get back on line,
this is the pc i do my downloading on ect ,
I think it needs to start from scratch i dont know if I could do it or if anyone could tell me what to do.

laptop is working for the moment
but thank you for your help?

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 06:28 PM
You could try using a windows os disk to repair it if you have one or do you have anything on the pc you need to keep or can it be formatted and a fresh os put on it.

woodbine
17-01-2011, 06:50 PM
You could try using a windows os disk to repair it if you have one or do you have anything on the pc you need to keep or can it be formatted and a fresh os put on it.

I do have the disk but it wont start with it just keeps sticking, if I could do without anything on it but if it cant start how can I format? sorry what is os?

berley
17-01-2011, 07:14 PM
sorry what is os?

OS = operating system, ie window, linux, mac

woodbine
17-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I do have a windows os disk but it wont start with it just keeps sticking, I dont need anything on it, but if it cant start how do I format?

thanks to all

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Go into the bios and set it to boot from cd first then press F10 to save
to get into the bios press either F2 or the DEL key when you first turn it on , it should tell you which key to press at the bottom of the screen when you first power it up.

woodbine
17-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Go into the bios and set it to boot from cd first then press F10 to save
to get into the bios press either F2 or the DEL key when you first turn it on , it should tell you which key to press at the bottom of the screen when you first power it up.
It has ran setup I will now format then what do I do ?

No it has stopped says setup cannot copy the files if installing from CD make sure it is in ROM (which it is) I think it is corrupt,
not sure what to do now!!!!!

when I re start it says NTLDR is missing.

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 11:02 PM
When it runs the setup delete the partition then create a partitition then choose install os it will then give you the choice to format choose NTFS quick it will then format it and auto install windows for you.

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 11:07 PM
It has ran setup I will now format then what do I do ?
No it has stopped says setup cannot copy the files if installing from CD make sure it is in ROM (which it is) I think it is corrupt,
not sure what to do now!!!!!
when I re start it says NTLDR is missing.
Give the cd a clean with a damp soft cloth then dry it and try again if it says the same the cd might be damaged is it all scratched?

woodbine
17-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Give the cd a clean with a damp soft cloth then dry it and try again if it says the same the cd might be damaged is it all scratched?

You have been GR8 I did what you said in both posts ,then I restart it says NTLDR is missing I think you are correct the CD must be damaged.
I think I need to get a new CD rom what do you think?

Magnu420
17-01-2011, 11:20 PM
dependin on your os are check this out >>> Install, reinstall, or uninstall Windows - Help & How-to - Microsoft Windows (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/install-reinstall-uninstall)

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 11:22 PM
After it formats does it start to copy some files from the cd then fall down? if it does then the cd must be corrupt and you will need to download another one and burn it to disc.

berley
17-01-2011, 11:24 PM
did you save your bios settings before you came out of the bios ?

woodbine
17-01-2011, 11:28 PM
did you save your bios settings before you came out of the bios ?
yes after I set to start with CD-ROM.

woodbine
17-01-2011, 11:31 PM
After it formats does it start to copy some files from the cd then fall down? if it does then the cd must be corrupt and you will need to download another one and burn it to disc.

Yes it did, where can I download another( the one I have is XP)

Magnu420
17-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes it did, where can I download another( the one I have is XP)

have you tried a torrent site

woodbine
17-01-2011, 11:39 PM
can you get them to start from scratch on a torrent site ?

fergalsworld
17-01-2011, 11:42 PM
can you get them to start from scratch on a torrent site ?
eh???

billy8791
17-01-2011, 11:47 PM
eh???
i think woodbine means is there a direct link available without going through differant sites to download the torrent he needs.
i will upload a image of xp to megaupload then post the link for you

woodbine
17-01-2011, 11:55 PM
sorry I am new to this and a 67 year old granny I sometimes cant say what I mean I do thank you all for your help,

berley
17-01-2011, 11:59 PM
your doing fine woodbine, just as you did when you first started asking questions about your wii, everyone's here to help so dont worry about asking loads of questions :)

billy8791
18-01-2011, 12:01 AM
sorry I am new to this and a 67 year old granny I sometimes cant say what I mean I do thank you all for your help,

don't worry thats why places like this are available for help and advise of others.

woodbine
18-01-2011, 12:06 AM
your doing fine woodbine, just as you did when you first started asking questions about your wii, everyone's here to help so dont worry about asking loads of questions :)

thanks berley, but I did not get anywhere then either I still cant do the disks.
but I know what you mean.

fergalsworld
18-01-2011, 12:08 AM
i will upload a image of xp to megaupload then post the link for you
Thanks for that Billy mucho appreciated

@woodbine dont ever be worried about asking for assistance as we are all here to help.

billy8791
18-01-2011, 12:10 AM
thanks berley, but I did not get anywhere then either I still cant do the disks.
but I know what you mean.
Don't worry i'll get it sorted this week for you with wintoflash

dx100-uk
18-01-2011, 02:13 AM
for anyone else that gets any issues with websearch or any of the hi-jack viruses that dictate a homepage that you do not want or any of the 'fake' anti-virus programs that 'take over' and lock you pc's into doing things like paying etc to clean..

you need to do this:

A guide and tutorial on using ComboFix (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. this is already posted with in a very good thread in this forum.....

dx

notanotherone
18-01-2011, 03:55 PM
the newest one ive seen is system 2011 easiets way to get rid of it is safe mode and malwarebytes but its a bast**** when you dont know and you think its a load of trojans my mates daughter had it and she panicked luckily i knew about it and fixed it for her:Hammer:

woodbine
18-01-2011, 10:12 PM
thank you to everyone, I am really sorry I have not been on again but once again I had a trojan I am really scared to come on line untill i get my other PC up and running, I will try to download combo fix and see what happens, in the mean time I will keep logging on for a little time,
once again thank you all

fergalsworld
18-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Reboot the pc and repeatedly press the F8 key until you get the option to boot into "safe mode WITH networking" and do as nao says "download malwarebytes" then install it then update it and do a quick scan, that should get rid of it.

woodbine
19-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I will try this download is malwarebytes the best and it it a antivirus?
thank you

fergalsworld
19-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I will try this download is malwarebytes the best and it it a antivirus?
thank you
Malwarebytes is one of the best it gets rid of malware,adware,trojans,etc the free version does not monitor real time
you have to pay for the full version to do that so you are best installing a antivirus program like security essentials which is free
but download the free version of malwarebytes first and do as i said in my previous post
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button)

woodbine
20-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Malwarebytes is one of the best it gets rid of malware,adware,trojans,etc the free version does not monitor real time
you have to pay for the full version to do that so you are best installing a antivirus program like security essentials which is free
but download the free version of malwarebytes first and do as i said in my previous post
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Reviews and free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware downloads at Download.com (http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button)

I have downloaded the free version to try but if the full version covers everything I think I will get it as I really want to get full cover,
once again thankyou for your help
thanks to everyone

notanotherone
20-01-2011, 02:12 AM
the free version eliminates a good few bugs and all that stuff i used it just the other day to get rid of "system 2011" a malware that embeds itself into your OS,it changes your internet home set up and tells you you have loads of trojans and all sorts of things when in fact it is a hoax but a lot of things wouldnt get rid of it ,you had to go into safe mode and run MALWAREBYTES the reason am saying this if it gets rid of your problem then you wont need to buy it ,,and if anything gets into your system you should allways run antivirus software in safe mode the reason being if you are using XP what happens is you know you have a thing called System Restore,well it would still be in your system if you happened to want to restore to another time
if you want some security use

"Microsoft Security Essentials" a free download and a good protection

woodbine
26-01-2011, 03:17 PM
I did downloaded it on my laptop which has Mc Afee and it emptied the folder tipical it does not stop the trojans but it stops what I want,

billy8791 is going to help me fix my PC so I hope to get it downloaded then fingers crossed,
I still dont like being on the site too long with my laptop untill then

Thank you to everyone for their help

woodbine
14-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I had to say I was so impressed with all the help I got from WOD, and when
I said I could not do it myself billy8791 a member from the site said if I sent everything to him he could do it for me and return it, I was so grateful I did so the end of Jan but I was on holiday then I had son & family here from Holland
So it is now on its way back to me,
Once again thank you to WOD and to you all I will keep you posted on my progress
Thank you!!!

notanotherone
14-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I had to say I was so impressed with all the help I got from WOD, and when
I said I could not do it myself billy8791 a member from the site said if I sent everything to him he could do it for me and return it, I was so grateful I did so the end of Jan but I was on holiday then I had son & family here from Holland
So it is now on its way back to me,
Once again thank you to WOD and to you all I will keep you posted on my progress
Thank you!!!
isnt that such a nice thing and a pleasent thing for you to thank billy too am sure we all agree that through all the help you got and still will get on anything youll win in the end and well be coming to you for help, allways think i was brain dead till i came on here (i know not much to go on with me :roflmao:)

woodbine
15-03-2011, 01:06 PM
notanotherone: If I can help anyone I would be happy to do so, I cant wait till I get my Wii back with the xternal drive with all the games on it, when I get my internal drive which billy formated for me and has sent win7 os with it I will need help to get the PC up and running
I know that you will all help, I cant wait it seems to be taking forever for it to arrive fingers crossed it wont much longer.
Thanks to every one again!!!!