PDA

View Full Version : going to buy a usb stick but want a goody ?

BraveHeart
13-01-2011, 01:55 AM
anyone been messing with usb stick lately ?

i want a large capacity one so that i can download large mkv movies to it and other stuff, i know there are some right *****rs out there, this is why i ask for advice on one thats a good one and compatible with nearly 99.9% of stuff and its tough, wont break easy and is a good make, no trash required, lol, tried the trash from hong kong before and what a waste of money that was, lol.

so if you could recommend some that would be amazing, thanks troops.:icebox:

Magnu420
13-01-2011, 03:05 AM
dunno if this any help

7dayshop.com - Online Store (http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=110632&source=webgains&siteid=20363)

DessertDog
13-01-2011, 09:07 AM
DaneElec seems to be a good make for me works on all my Usb stuff,Pc, Tv, Dvd Player I got a 16 Gig for under 15 quid m8

Diablo13
13-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Play.com have some of their own branded 16gb ones for about 16 quid.

Play.com 16GB USB Flash Drive / Ready Boost Enabled - USB Flash Drives at Play.com (UK) (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I have one of these and got one for a friend. Awesome sticks for the price.
They are much stronger than they look, with a well fitting cap and a good led accessing light!
The most important part is the write speed. On many drives of this price range it is typically 5-6 mb a second, or less.
With these it is usually 11-13 mb a second!!!
Which is what you want for film transfers.
Its mainly what I use mine for.
A great pen drive which is reliable and faultless through much frequent use transfering aps and avi's over more than a year.
I can't praise this drive enough, especially for its price. If 16gb isn't enough for you get 2.

Dont however be tempted by the similar looking but slightly cheaper, more roundy turd shaped Play.com ones! They are NOT the same. The transfer rate is much slower.
The words you are looking for are "Ready Boost Enabled", which means they are guaranteed to run at a fast speed. They are far better than some of the Sandisk ones, which are more expensive!
Trust me on this one! If they are big enough, and they should be, you will not regret it.
The best secret bargain usb stick anywhere!