PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help with my Wii?

woodbine
10-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi I can anyone please tell me do you still have to use a patch for a wii game if your wii is chipped?
if so how do I get it ? and what is the best to burn with?
I do hope it is still ok to ask about this !!!!
if not please forgive me I would do it again.
Thank you

billy8791
10-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi I can anyone please tell me do you still have to use a patch for a wii game if your wii is chipped?
if so how do I get it ? and what is the best to burn with?
I do hope it is still ok to ask about this !!!!
if not please forgive me I would do it again.
Thank you
i use tesco dvd-r burning with imgburn 4x
also is the wii softmod or hard mod (internal chip)
also if it is soft mod get an externall hdd and backup manager wbfs so you can do away with the disks
load times are faster aswell

woodbine
10-01-2011, 07:21 PM
i use tesco dvd-r burning with imgburn 4x
also is the wii softmod or hard mod (internal chip)
also if it is soft mod get an externall hdd and backup manager wbfs so you can do away with the disks
load times are faster aswell
Hi, internal chip I have had it for 3yrs but not done any discs myself ,if I use imgburn 4x would I still need a to use a patch (what ever this is) where would I get it?
Thank you for your reply

DessertDog
10-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Hi m8
If its a downloaded image iso. then image burn will burn it but i would do it @x2 no faster than x4 m8 and it should run on Wii ok
No patch is required i only do pal ones never done usa ones so dont know if they will run sorry.

woodbine
10-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Hi m8
If its a downloaded image iso. then image burn will burn it but i would do it @x2 no faster than x4 m8 and it should run on Wii ok
No patch is required i only do pal ones never done usa ones so dont know if they will run sorry.

Thank you,
the image burn I downloaded was 2.5.4.0 is this ok if I burn at x2.

billy8791
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you,
the image burn I downloaded was 2.5.4.0 is this ok if I burn at x2.
thats fine mate,
i burn at 4x with tesco dvd's and never had any trouble

BUT STICK TO PAL GAMES DON'T DOWNLOAD NTSC - I MAY BE WRONG BUT IF THERE IS A UPDATE ON DISK USING NTSC COULD BRICK THE WII.

maybe someone else could verify if this is the case:please:

woodbine
10-01-2011, 10:10 PM
thats fine mate,
i burn at 4x with tesco dvd's and never had any trouble

BUT STICK TO PAL GAMES DON'T DOWNLOAD NTSC - I MAY BE WRONG BUT IF THERE IS A UPDATE ON DISK USING NTSC COULD BRICK THE WII.

maybe someone else could verify if this is the case:please:

Thank you I will get the DVDs and maybe someone will let me know about NTSC,
one other question were do I get links for games? ( I hope I can ask this) if not I am sorry.

DessertDog
10-01-2011, 10:14 PM
We cannot post links m8 but if you use google its your friend lol
Torrent sites are a good place but you will need to read up on it.

saffronfox
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
i would get rid of the chip and soft mod it tbh, tho both methods do the same sort of thing i found that with a soft mod you get more control

also as billy8791 said an hdd is by far better then burning off disc's and alot faster to boot the games, stops the need to chance the disc's and you could also create your own wii channels (alot better if you have kids using it).

As for downloading games i have never went down that root all i have ever done is to make backup's by ripping games direct to my hdd. all the info you need to do this is out.

woodbine
11-01-2011, 11:22 AM
i would get rid of the chip and soft mod it tbh, tho both methods do the same sort of thing i found that with a soft mod you get more control
also as billy8791 said an hdd is by far better then burning off disc's and alot faster to boot the games, stops the need to chance the disc's and you could also create your own wii channels (alot better if you have kids using it).
As for downloading games i have never went down that root all i have ever done is to make backup's by ripping games direct to my hdd. all the info you need to do this is out.

Thank you for your reply but I would not know how to get rid of the chip and soft mod it or ripping to hard a drive, I would get lost, I thought the discs would be the easyest way.

once again thank you

saffronfox
11-01-2011, 11:42 AM
ok np in that case yes you can use ntsc and pal iso images look for info on a progam RegionFrii or WiigionFree both progams do same sort of thing, RegionFrii allows you to patch NTSC game images to change their region code to PAL and WiigionFree Java application to change the region of Wii ISO files.

all info and files are very easy to find on google but make sure you do your homework b4 running anything at all on your wii

DessertDog
11-01-2011, 12:45 PM
To be fair if you are new to this as it seems you are m8 just download pal games for now get used to doing them then if you want to you can then move on to ntsc stuff.

woodbine
11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Hi I will just download pal games for now to see if I can get used to doing them,
I did download the region free from this site but I wont use it for the moment,

thank you both

woodbine
15-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Thank to everyone for all their help but I have had to put this on hold as was not to good for a couple of days and today have a problem with laptop (I must have done something wrong) sods law!!
so will try and finish the games later.
once again thank you all

woodbine
14-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I had to say I was so impressed with all the help I got from WOD, and when
I said I could not do it myself billy8791 a member from the site said if I sent everything to him he could do it for me and return it, I was so grateful I did so the end of Jan but I was on holiday then I had son & family here from Holland
So it is now both my wii & hard drive with games also my hard drive for my PC are on their way back to me,
Once again thank you to WOD and to you all I will keep you posted on my progress
Thank you!!!

woodbine
17-03-2011, 01:15 PM
They say a watched kettle never boils well I think when watching for a parcel it takes forever to arrive! I can?t seem to contact billy8791 still as they say tomorrow is another day.
Have a nice day all and Thanks again to everyone !!!!

berley
17-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I can?t seem to contact billy8791 still as they say tomorrow is another day.

Can you let us know when you hear from him woodbine, thanks :)

woodbine
21-03-2011, 11:53 AM
My items have still not arrived and I still can?t get in contact billy8791.there may be a fault on his line but why has my items not came back? with no tracker number I cant fine anything out
I really dont like to think bad of anyone but he does have my phone no and address so I dont know what to think!!!!!!

berley
21-03-2011, 12:59 PM
As you already know admin will be sending out an email to billy this afternoon, WOD is not responsible for what happens between members on PM, but we'll do all we can to try and help you recover your goods.

@ billy your Last Activity: 15-03-2011 08:00 AM

If your viewing this post as a guest can you log in and reply please.

woodbine
21-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I really think there is a reasonable explanation for the goods not being here, as he seemed genuine,
I have sent him a recorded letter so fingers crossed,

Once again thank you for all your help!!!!!

woodbine
22-03-2011, 04:53 PM
just phoned my Hermes they checked everything no returned been picked up from his address to mine and that is who he said he had returned it with on the 2nd or 3rd of march ,I really don't know what to think now it is not looking good.
thank you all again

Diablo13
23-03-2011, 02:32 AM
When I have had a dialogue on here with billy, he always seemed genuine to me as well.
I really hope this is some kind of mistake or misunderstanding somewhere and that you get your stuff back soon.
Mistakes do happen, whichever courier you use and things get lost in depots or in transit, or they get delivered to the wrong address.
Without a tracking number or postal registration it is hard to investigate anything.
What makes it feel worse is that no one seems able to contact billy, despite even the sites admin trying!
Believe me I understand your concern and hope there is a simple explanation, but given the time involved I would be thinking the worst as well.

As berley said WOD can't take any responsibility for what goes on between members, the task would clearly be impossible to moderate.
Having said that I and many other members both feel for you and would feel very let down and disappointed if anything 'untoward' has happened. :(
I really hope your package turns up soon! :goodluck:

woodbine
23-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I must say I am so greatful to all of you for your kind words and help!

I heard from billy8719 today he has not been online for the past 2 week as he has been away on business. the wii and contents were redirected back to him on monday morning due to a fault communication with-in the my hermes team just like Diablo13 said
he is so sorry about any trouble or worry this has caused and he will post then again this friday

I feel so good that there was a reason for the delay because he seemed so nice I send a big thank you to billy8719 for all his help and my items should be here next week,
once again thank you all have a nice day.

Diablo13
23-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I am really pleased that you have heard from billy and that you are happy it is now sorted out.
With the best will in the world things go wrong. Usually several things all at the same time, which compounds a problem as happened here.
A simple fault in the delivery system, just at the same time as billy was away and unable to be reached, sods law, so there was no one on hand to correct it and get things back on track.
It is a big relief for you, but also for WOD because no one likes to think badly of another member. Even though the circumstances led to people believing the worst!
No ones fault and entirely understandable, I'm just glad for all concerned it turned out alright in the end.

Now I just hope billy managed to do what you wanted him to do in the first place? :roflmao:

notanotherone
23-03-2011, 03:32 PM
i am so pleased hes got in touch he allways seemed a good guy to me .i had pm'd him just in case there was something wrong with him ,i know i had the flu recently and couldnt be arsed with anything so thot maybe hes had something the same happy for the outcome knew he wouldnt let you down

billy8791
24-03-2011, 06:37 PM
sorry i have not beenon for awhile and i have contacted woodbine and tink both by e-mail and i hope we as a community on WOD can putthe unfortunate incident behind us and move on with the same respect as what we had fo each other.

i am posting theitems first thing in the morning for woodbine and also containing my contact number so she can get in touch with me next week when i am in germany if she needs to.

once again i hope we can move on from this and a massive sorry to woodbine for the delay

notanotherone
24-03-2011, 08:41 PM
sorry i have not beenon for awhile and i have contacted woodbine and tink both by e-mail and i hope we as a community on WOD can putthe unfortunate incident behind us and move on with the same respect as what we had fo each other.

i am posting theitems first thing in the morning for woodbine and also containing my contact number so she can get in touch with me next week when i am in germany if she needs to.

once again i hope we can move on from this and a massive sorry to woodbine for the delay

never doubted you for a minute m8 knew there had to be a reason .................................................. ...........,now where my 50 quid you promised me:roflmao:

billy8791
24-03-2011, 09:42 PM
never doubted you for a minute m8 knew there had to be a reason .................................................. ...........,now where my 50 quid you promised me:roflmao:
lol

alot of people are easy to point a finger in situations like this, but let me tell everyone on here:
if my brain was as big as my heart i would have an IQ in the thousands.
i would never attempt to rob off of anyone especially the older generation of people as in this case.
we have alot to thank them for and the more people that relise this the better

woodbine
24-03-2011, 10:21 PM

Hi billy8791 you told me you were sending my items today I have emailed you twice asking if you did so and asking for the tracking number you have not replied so i came on to WOD know only to find you on line and stating what you sorted everything out so why not answer my emails and keep me informed not just WOD,

billy8791
24-03-2011, 10:40 PM
sorry woodbine i am using my windows 7 desktop and don't have outlook express on this.
laptop is broken again.
getting it posted first thing tomoz.
i will e-mail you tracking number and my mobile number.
if you have any trouble with the settings on the wii miss call me and i will call you back as i don't want you to be running a massive phone bill up phoning me in germany. i don't mind phoning you back it's the companies mobile lol.

also i have popped the win xp disk in the box i will email you the serial key for that aswell.

woodbine
24-03-2011, 10:49 PM
sorry woodbine i am using my windows 7 desktop and don't have outlook express on this.
laptop is broken again.
getting it posted first thing tomoz.
i will e-mail you tracking number and my mobile number.
if you have any trouble with the settings on the wii miss call me and i will call you back as i don't want you to be running a massive phone bill up phoning me in germany. i don't mind phoning you back it's the companies mobile lol.

also i have popped the win xp disk in the box i will email you the serial key for that aswell.
billy you say no outlook express on desktop, laptop broken, but the emails you have been replying to are from your ipod!
I must say first i am greatful to you but I have to admit I am getting worried you don't seem to stick to what you say you dont answer the phone or emails please forgive me if I am speeking out of term but as I said I am worried.

billy8791
24-03-2011, 11:24 PM
hi yes the email you sent yesterday i replied using my ipod but i don't have that with me 24/7 when i am sat on my pc i have no need for the ipod as i will listen to music from my pc not from a ipod.

the ipod is for when i am either at the gym or work and as i am not at work or the gym the ipod is collecting dust in the draw.

also that is a last resort for emails as it is such a nightmare and anyone whoi as used it may agree not the best email client in the world.

woodbine
24-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Ok as I said I am just a little bit worried you seem really nice but I dont really know you,
so as you said let put all this behind us and start again, I am truly greatful to you for all your help and i look forward to getting the items back I will let you know when they arrive,

thanks to you and the WOD for all the help I have been given.

woodbine
24-03-2011, 11:55 PM

billy thank you for you kind offer, please will you email me the tracker number in the morning
and thank you again.
ps: billy I should have said incase your email is still not working just post the tracking number on here I will still get it thank you!

Diablo13
24-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Nice to see you back and posting billy!

I am glad all this confusion was just a mistake at the couriers end because both you and woodbine were put in an unfortunate situation, which was not helped by the bad timing of you being away on business.
I quite understand how worried woodbine was in the circumstances. That is the world we live in, with so many unscrupulous people out to make a quick buck, it is sad that many of us would jump to the wrong conclusion, in such circumstances, with no evidence to the contrary.

Now that you have both been in touch with each other it seems like the situation, which no one was to blame for, will soon be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. You did a good kind thing to help woodbine out with her WII problem, but the old saying of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind when in a situation like yours, and unforeseeable problems arise.
When woodbine gets her kit back I am sure she will be happy and you can both draw a line under this mix up.

As a future warning to anyone else though, if anything is to be sent between one person and another, it should always be sent registered or recorded delivery and the tracking number be sent directly by email to the other party, both ways. Then if an unlucky situation does arise, the parcel can be tracked and the courier forced to take responsibility for what is left in its charge, or even pay compensation if they lose or damage it!
It might cost a bit more, but $h1t happens, so the peace of mind for all concerned is worth it.

woodbine
25-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Diablo13, I agree with all you say this is why I sent the money to cover the P+P and told billy8791 I would cover any difference even to get it sent next day,
but as you said it should all be behind us soon and I will say a great big thank you to billy8791 and it will be like this never happened,

fergalsworld
25-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Ok hopefully this is being progressed further tomorrow so can everyone else refrain from posting in this thread for now,
except for billy and woodbine
hopefully tomorrow billy will post here that the items have been sent and he has emailed woodbine the tracking number
woodbine will post confirming this and post letting us know the all the items have arrived.
Thanks.

woodbine
25-03-2011, 10:56 PM
billy8791, I do understand that you will be busy with going away tomorrow, but did you manage to post the items today? as I have not received an email with the tracking number which you said you would send me,

woodbine
29-03-2011, 11:55 AM
just to let everyone know I got my items back this morning at 11.15 am I am realy pleased, now I just need to find out what I do with the softmode before I try it so I don't muck it up, I would like to say thank you to billy8791 for all the help he given me, and again to say thank you to the WOD forum for all the help you have given me, Regards woodbine

Gazer
29-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm glad this as a happy ending
And thanks for letting us all know that it is sorted :thumbup:

I will be closing this Thread now.

Regards Gazer