PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any ideas about graphic equalisers ?

BraveHeart
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
i was thinking of addding some kind of cheap-ish graphic equaliser to my sound system, the system is meant more i think for pc gamers etc and i'm using it for playing dvds and watching tv, it is very very loud but there is no way even of adjusting things like treble or bass etc, where'as if it was connected to a pc you could use the windows graphic equaliser, know what i mean.

the sound is nice enough etc as it is and with the tweaks that can be done now by raising the and lowering certain speakers and the subwoofer etc, but its not enough for me, i want to hear more higher frequencies, high pitch clarity , you know what i mean ? i dont need dull thudding all the time, thats fine sometimes but sometimes you need nice crisp clearness too.

so, does anyone have any ideas that are into this sort of thing ??

this is what i have >> Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. last time i even fitted a graphic equaliser was in an XR3i when they were all the rage, so thats how long its been, lol, lots of years ago.

ps.
while flicking through the options a minute ago i noticed a word came up on the pod "panoramic" or something like that, anyone even have a clue what that is ??? it was switched off anyway, so i left it alone., the manual doesnt mention it either, see here >>> http://www.logitech.com/repository/1411/pdf/13099.1.0.pdf

dx100-uk
09-01-2011, 02:37 PM
most people have an amp as well rather than just driven speakers.

like:
Auna AMP-2540-S 5-Channel Home Cinema Hifi Amplifier: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. you can buy pre amps too .

dx

BraveHeart
10-01-2011, 05:50 AM
most people have an amp as well rather than just driven speakers.

like:
Auna AMP-2540-S 5-Channel Home Cinema Hifi Amplifier: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. you can buy pre amps too .

dx

so i could use that partly to turn the sound up and down but more importantly as a graphic equaliser ? i was thinking of the old models but they are all just phono jacks and no good :(.

dx100-uk
11-01-2011, 02:36 AM
there must be diff settings you can change via the remote to change the level of bass/treble
prob just not found them yet

else use converters to change the plugs around so's you can fit a sep graphic
but its always best to use a pre-amp and use its tone controls or sep settings pages

else by a proper amp that has it already rather than a glorified set of pc speakers.

yamaha do some nice ones for alot less than what you paid for that [300 mark]

dx

BraveHeart
11-01-2011, 03:01 AM
there must be diff settings you can change via the remote to change the level of bass/treble
prob just not found them yet

else use converters to change the plugs around so's you can fit a sep graphic
but its always best to use a pre-amp and use its tone controls or sep settings pages

else by a proper amp that has it already rather than a glorified set of pc speakers.

yamaha do some nice ones for alot less than what you paid for that [300 mark]

dx
thanks mate, i have a yamaha amp for my pc here, good one cost me about 350quid, even has DAB, lol, nice sound off it, but thats for over here at the computer, the logitech sound system is in living room setup as its brand new and is black and match;s everything, but no, it dont have a seperate bass and treble control, if it has i have never found it, strange eh.

think my only option is to get a graphic equaliser for it, but as you know, its hard, which one, just a cheap one will do so long as it can take a optical connection, digital or coax or both, on the other hand, i'm just thinkin, i dont think ya can get a graphic equaliser like that, has to be like you say, an amp/equaliser ? would that go down well connecting it with another amp like i have for the sound system ?

dx100-uk
12-01-2011, 01:58 AM
going by this review:
Logitech Z-5500 Review (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Nearly every aspect of the sound can further be configured using a button and the volume knob.

here:

i think you must be able to select differing modes/volumes you've just not sussed it yet.

dx

BraveHeart
12-01-2011, 04:26 AM
thanks mate, i'm going to email them cause i cant find and bass controls etc aparts from the subwoofer and surround and center speaker, i will email them and see what they say.

email sent, we'll see what they say and let ya know, thanks for now.

BraveHeart
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
going by this review:
Logitech Z-5500 Review (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Nearly every aspect of the sound can further be configured using a button and the volume knob.

here:

i think you must be able to select differing modes/volumes you've just not sussed it yet.

dx
looks like the guys in that review are telling porkies because heres the official response back from logitech on the subject >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dear ****** ,

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Customer Care.

Regarding your question about Logitech Speakers Z-5500.

As I concerned there is no option in settings for adjusting treble or bass.

The only way you can do this is to adjust the subwoofer settings.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to visit our website at Logitech ? Get immersed in the digital world with a mouse, keyboard, webcam, headset, Harmony remote, speakers, and more. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. or reply to this e-mail.

Kind Regards
Jakub jarausch
Logitech Europe S.A.
Customer Care - Europe, Middle East and Africa

Please note; while waiting for your response, we put all support requests to a waiting status. If we do not hear back from you within 2 weeks, we assume that your request is solved and change its status accordingly. A survey will then be automatically sent asking for your feedback. If you received a message saying your support request is solved, you can still write back to us by responding to the last email and update your support request.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

thats a real pity because i thought yeaaaaaaaa, will save me even thinking about an equaliser :(

Diablo13
14-01-2011, 12:01 AM
To be honest m8, it is really only designed as a pc system, for gaming and the like so it is not as versatile, though much cheaper than a "proper" home entertainment system.
Its selling feature is its power really.
You said you had a Yamaha amp on the pc, so why not swap them round and put the Logitech set on the pc?
Surely you would have more control and more sockets for your home cinema the other way round, with the superior Yamaha ?

BraveHeart
14-01-2011, 12:23 AM
To be honest m8, it is really only designed as a pc system, for gaming and the like so it is not as versatile, though much cheaper than a "proper" home entertainment system.
Its selling feature is its power really.
You said you had a Yamaha amp on the pc, so why not swap them round and put the Logitech set on the pc?
Surely you would have more control and more sockets for your home cinema the other way round, with the superior Yamaha ?

ye i would steve but its her, she doesnt want the big silver coloured amp in the living room cause all the other stuff is black, plus it would mean i would need to get all new speakers too as this yamaha would blow that thing out the window, to be honest i just use the yamaha DAB amp on the computer here so that i can listen to nice clear dab radio during the night with my great sennheiser earphones, what a sound, its unbelievable, i know its a waste as the amp can do a 100 more things and has so many inputs and ouputs that it could power up anything, lol, but thats just the silly way it is, a very very expensive dab radio player, LOL.
but i do know exactly what ya mean mate :wink:

Diablo13
14-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Women!
What can you do with them! :lol2:
Sounds like you need a spray can job m8. :wink:

BraveHeart
14-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Women!
What can you do with them! :lol2:
Sounds like you need a spray can job m8. :wink:

lol, i thought about that too, lol :wink:

Diablo13
15-01-2011, 06:14 PM
lol, i thought about that too, lol :wink:

The problem is getting her to stand still while you spray her silver, so that your missis matches the amp! :p

You have to be careful when spraying electrical items, in case you block any air holes.
You wont have that problem when spraying the missis because it takes a lot more than that to block a woman's air hole! :roflmao:

BraveHeart
15-01-2011, 11:39 PM
The problem is getting her to stand still while you spray her silver, so that your missis matches the amp! :p

You have to be careful when spraying electrical items, in case you block any air holes.
You wont have that problem when spraying the missis because it takes a lot more than that to block a woman's air hole! :roflmao:

:drunk::zoom::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

dx100-uk
18-01-2011, 01:59 AM
i couldn't do that to the mrs..it'd cost to much in filler to get a smooth surface

dx