PDA

View Full Version : out of lyp sync

notanotherone
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM
ok was at my daughters last nite and was watching sky on her HD SKY+ box and both me and the mrs said that the lip sync was well out,what causes this ?and can it be fixed?

Diablo13
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I have seen this happen on Sly before, but it usually corrects itself on the next program.
I have seen features on some machines, like the VU Duo and some telly's where there is a lipsync delay/advance feature. I suppose that depends on your equipment and I am not sure it would be any practical use, as sorting the sync on 0ne channel or program might well put the rest out of sync?

wullboy
06-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Any time i get this i just go up or down a channel and it seem to correct it`s self, but on a legit box that might be different !!

notanotherone
06-01-2011, 08:13 AM
found out that you need to reboot the whole box ,but also found out that certain box's will continue to do this it doesnt matter how many times you re-boot it ,until you compalin to sky who will come out and fix it (think they replace the box)

Gazer
06-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I find that all HD channels seem to be out of sync from time to time and that is using sky HD box. Freeview HD box and a couple of times using the new 3D tv that i'v got.

Diablo13
07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
found out that you need to reboot the whole box ,but also found out that certain box's will continue to do this it doesnt matter how many times you re-boot it ,until you compalin to sky who will come out and fix it (think they replace the box)

Thanks for the update nao!
Always handy to know for if and when any of us get the same problem in the future.
Personally I find it really annoying when the lip sync goes out, especially if its by quite a bit and you end up with George Clooney's voice coming from some sexy bird ! :p

Stantheman
08-01-2011, 09:47 AM
hi mate
if you press the tv guide button.it will start at all chanells.then use arrow up on centre navigation triangles.use the left or right navigation keys until you come to settings.
there are 3 options
you want the bottom option.digital audio output delay. mine is set at 20ms delay .it goes up in increments of 20ms and into negative increments
hope this helps
stantheman