PDA

View Full Version : SHAtter Bootrom Jailbreak Exploit Has Been Leaked

Ureyesonly
23-12-2010, 03:03 PM
The SHAtter bootrom exploit which was saved at the last minute because of Geohot’s Limera1n for the next-gen iOS devices such as iPad 2 and iPhone 5 has been leaked.

SHAtter exploit was found by pod2g in the hardware of A4 based devices (iPhone 4, iPad, Apple TV 2G, iPod touch 4G) and was originally scheduled for the now infamous 10.10.10 (10th October 2010) release before Geohot made a surprise return with Limera1n jailbreak for all iOS devices.

P0sixninja of Chronic Dev team who worked on then SHAtter-based GreenPois0n tool accused MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team publicly for leaking the exploit. MuscleNerd of course pleaded not guilty, and cleared his stance that why would he do it as he will need the jailbreak to work on unlock for the next iPhone. MuscleNerd also noted that there were like 15 to 20 others in the room when pod2g showed his SHAtter code for the first time.

Now what this drama means is that Apple is going to patch both Limera1n and SHAtter in one go for all the next-gen devices, and in a hardware revision for the current iOS devices.

Here is a part of their conversation that took place on Twitter:

p0sixninja: @MuscleNerd no, the version leaked had one small change I did right before it was given to YOU and YOU only!!

p0sixninja: @MuscleNerd pod2g gave it to you in PM

p0sixninja: @MuscleNerd dude, you leaked it and tried to frame me to get pod2g to leave cdev, I’ve already heard it all

p0sixninja: SHAtter is burned, and now everyone knows why. Oh well, untether bootrom exploit is still on the way

MuscleNerd: @p0sixninja you never gave me a version

MuscleNerd: @p0sixninja please stop trying to bring up drama again. You always do this when you’re otherwise empty-handed.

MuscleNerd: @p0sixninja I believe one of the 15 people in that room leaked SHAtter because GP didn’t work on Mac at that point

MuscleNerd: @p0sixninja lol yes, that’s exactly why I would leak something that helps me more than anyone (unlock depends on jailbreak). Please think.