PDA

View Full Version : restoring iphone 3gs after baseband 06.15 00 install

morestyles
29-11-2010, 11:18 PM
hi i will try and explain this the best i can
i followed the tutorial How to Jailbreak and Unlock Your iPhone 3GS Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.2.1] i updated my baseband to the 06.15 version and all went ok but when i tryed to launch cyida on my iphone it kept crashing and would not load so i went back to itunes and tried to restore the iphone with the iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
this wouldnt restore and i got the error could not be restored an unknown error occoured (1015)
im asuming that i need to restore it from a custom ipsw but i thought iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw
was custom and it does the same with that ???
so basicaly im stuck in recovery mode and cant get out
i even tried reinstalling it with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5 but when all finished it just boots back to recovery mode
any help would be apreciated thanks

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Use tinyumbrella to kick outa recovery. did you read and understand the Warning b4 usein that guide?

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

--------------------------
YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.

1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.

morestyles
30-11-2010, 11:14 AM
yes i understood the warning in the guide but it also says i would be able to still load custom ipsw files on my phone .
i gave tiny umbrella a try yesterday and it just kept flashing the apple up on the phoneevery few seconds

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 11:58 AM
use the newest tinyumbrella for 4.2.1? Have a quick read at this link below

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f221/update-4-2-1-unlock-3gs-38127.html#post201354

morestyles
30-11-2010, 12:02 PM
hi i read all that in the tutorial and im trying tinyunbrela which shows my saved shsh,s but the option to kick out of recovery is greyed out
it seems like my iphone no longer connects to tiny unbrella :(

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 12:06 PM
high light your phone on the list to the left, then kick from recovery

morestyles
30-11-2010, 12:17 PM
high light your phone on the list to the left, then kick from recovery
my device isnt showing up there anymore is what i mean its only showing in recent devices with my saved files e.c.t.
heres what im doing
launching tiny umbrella pressing the start server button
launching itunes pressing shift and recover and loading my custom ipsw file
waiting for itunes to fail with the error ( 1015 )
then launching recboot to kick from recovery which is just making my phone alternate between the apple and the recovery mode sign

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 12:27 PM
This is from Tinyumbrella maker.

TinyUmbrella is no longer able to kick you out of recovery for that version. TinyUmbrella still works for prior versions and will be able to restore and kick you out of recovery for those versions but 4.2.1 has a baseband version check that will stop your device from booting if your baseband was not updated.

try restoring with Tinyumbrella to lower firmware

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Follow this guide if you have SHSH files saved?

http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-ios-4.2-to-4.1-4.0.2-4.0.1-on-iphone-4-3gs-3g-and-ipad-guide/

morestyles
30-11-2010, 12:46 PM
good news i think
i just restored to 4.1 or so i thought but when my iphone booted
i have the screen with the itunes logo and the cable on it but
the slide to unlock works but it takes me to my phone keypad and thats all ?

oops i just connected to itunes and all is back on now
im back on 4.1 firmware with baseband 06 15 00

morestyles
30-11-2010, 12:51 PM
i would just like to say thanks for all your help and info
but would also like to aks what would be the best way to re-jailbreak and unlock my phone now :)
redsnow ? and load a 4.1 firmware file ?

Ureyesonly
30-11-2010, 02:14 PM
I'd probly use Limera1n

Folikill
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
good news i think
i just restored to 4.1 or so i thought but when my iphone booted
i have the screen with the itunes logo and the cable on it but
the slide to unlock works but it takes me to my phone keypad and thats all ?
oops i just connected to itunes and all is back on now
im back on 4.1 firmware with baseband 06 15 00

Hi Guys,I have exactly the same problem as yourself Morestyles but i cant revert back to 4.1 as i have not saved shsh's for 4.1,only 4.2.1 shsh's saved.I have tried everything Tinyumbrella,Irecovery,Ireb but always goes back to iTunes/USB screen.Does anyone reckon that a future update might sort me out or is my 3gs gonna be permantely bricked.I followed Redsn0w by the book,done the repro666 using the ultrasn0w unlock,everything going great until i hit the 'reboot now'.Any help would be greatly appreciated....thanks

morestyles
02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Hi i think i have a program on the pc that will work i will send it later for you to try

Folikill
02-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Thanks,will keep you updated on how it works out when you send it

morestyles
02-01-2011, 08:18 PM
can you just let me know at what stage is your phone at ?
whats on the screen ? cable and disk thing ? apple ?

ps the program you need if its stuck in recovery mode is (recboot)
it might just be as easy for you to download it rather than me uploading it
but if you get stuck i will send it you also i think i may have used iH8sn0w - iREB V3.1.2 For Windows-English.exe
at some stage too to get the phone out of the recovery mode loop

Folikill
02-01-2011, 08:30 PM
It seems to be in Recovery mode all the time cause i get the USB cable and itunes screen.

morestyles
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
It seems to be in Recovery mode all the time cause i get the USB cable and itunes screen.

give recboot a try then and let me know how u get on please

i just uploaded it for you h**p://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z54GVKL8

Folikill
03-01-2011, 01:23 AM
gave Recboot a try Morestyles and same result as other recovery saving programs in failure to get out of USB/itunes screen.I had the exact same situation as yourself and our phones must have went down the same route but you had your older shsh backed up...i wish i had the knowledge at time to do same...Dude,i have tried everything possible with every tool available on Net but have now after 3 weeks trying am stumped...one other thing,phone is connected when on PC to keep battery going but have noticed every 15mins or 20 mins phone restarts only to go back onto the USB/itunes screen again..probably a loop thing...its a tricky one