PDA

View Full Version : Activision sued over Guitar Hero III

tinkertiler
29-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Activision made a ton of money off of Guitar Hero III when it launched last year, but it seems they may have to part with some of their profits thanks to another high-profile lawsuit against the game and its contents.

This new lawsuit against the blockbuster rhythm game series focuses on one of Guitar Hero III's biggest draws -- former Guns n' Roses guitarist Slash. And the proponent of the lawsuit? Slash's former bandmate, Axl Rose.

According to documents filed by Rose, he let Activision use the song "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III as long as they don't put Slash's likeness or his new band Velvet Revolver in the game. Thing is, Slash was included as a playable character and was even on the game's cover.

"[Activision] began spinning a web of lies and deception to conceal its true intentions to not only feature Slash and [Velvet Revolver] prominently in GH III but also promote the game by emphasizing and reinforcing an association between Slash and Guns N' Roses and the band's song 'Welcome to the Jungle,'" reads a statement from Rose's camp.

Rose is now suing Activision for US$ 20 million.

Diablo13
29-11-2010, 09:21 PM
The music industry is like a bear pit full of crocodiles and zombies!
Not content with overcharging everyone for the price of cd;s and trying to stop even the merest hint of downloading, they have now started in fighting to bloat their swollen guts even more!

What an industry, they thrive on court publicity alleging that they are acting in the performing artists interests.
What ballcocks!
Despite all their moralizing in front of the news cameras, all they really want to do is milk as much profit as possible from every image and utterance of the performers.
Then dump them on the scrapheap when they have served their purpose!
So that they can move swiftly on to either the "next big thing" and start the cycle again:
Or else regurgitate anything from a star who had the bare faced cheek to die on them, before they had finished eating them up completely! :cussing:

tinkertiler
29-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I think you will find its Axl Rose spitting his dummy out again lol Which doesnt suprise me at all lol

Diablo13
29-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I think you will find its Axl Rose spitting his dummy out again lol Which doesnt suprise me at all lol

Not really my kind of music to be honest!
So he can spit and even bring up phlegm as much as he wants, so long as I'm not paying him for it!
You never saw Mary Hopkin behaving in that way! :bump:

notanotherone
30-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Not really my kind of music to be honest!
So he can spit and even bring up phlegm as much as he wants, so long as I'm not paying him for it!
You never saw Mary Hopkin behaving in that way! :bump:

ahh mary hopkin a littel bit like sandie shaw :-"