PDA

View Full Version : Bravo to close on January 1

notanotherone
25-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Sky will close men's entertainment channel Bravo on January 1, after 25 years of broadcasting on British screens.

Sister channel Bravo 2 will also be axed. Some key programming from Bravo, which aired US imports Spartacus and Leverage, as well as documentaries Brit Cops and Sun, Sea and..., will move to other Sky channels including Sky1.

Sky acquired Bravo as part of its deal with Virgin Media Television (later renamed Living TV Group); while the broadcaster has opted to retain Bravo's female-skewing sister channel Living (renamed Sky Living), other channels including Bravo and Channel 1 (formerly Virgin 1) will be closed down.

Diablo13
26-11-2010, 03:23 AM
That is really bad news!
I don't watch a lot of Bravo but I do watch Leverage and TNA Wrestling, which I doubt they will show on other sky channels because of their WWE contracts!
Channel 1 showed Trauma, which I thought was an excellent series with spectacular accident scenes.
Though it is uncertain if another series will be made by NBC in America at all at this point in time.
Living also shows the latest series of the excellent "Criminal Minds".
America make some great series, which it seems are only not appreciated by dumb Americans, who prefer the juvenile humour of "Family Guy" and "American Dad" and the degrading spectacle of Jerry Springer type shows!
I am getting quite sick of Sly constantly boasting that they are showing more and more HD channels, but they are removing other popular channels from packages to do it!
Much as I love HD programs, if it came down to it I would prefer to have the variety of channels?
When I first signed up for the HD package I used to get the Sky Arts HD channels included, which showed some good concerts. Recently they have removed those channels from my package without a by or leave!
I don't understand the logic of showing lets say 60 channels, when 30 of them are the same channels but 30 are HD and 30 are SD?
That still means you are paying for 60 channels, but in reality only getting 30 because half of them are duplicates?

The purchase of my VU+duo is getting ever closer, rather than renewing my subscription under these ever increasing channel changes! :cussing:

billyboy1963
26-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Well said mate - Sky always believe they can do as they want without giving a damn to the punters that keep them in business