PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox EPG - RadioTimes UK Setup

Ureyesonly
20-11-2010, 12:21 PM
How to setup the RadioTimes UK EPG for the Dreambox. This is based on the Open-Pli E1 image and assumes you have the box connected to the Internet:

From downloads (blue button, software management, downloads, addons/plugins), you download the SQLlite EPG import plugin and XMLTV-EPG Import Rytec latest

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to configure the box to use the SQLite EPG database - go to system settings either (menu, setup, system settings, EPG)

Set epg data store: to SQLite database

Set epg location: to Internal harddisk

Epg directory should say /media/hdd

Set epg days to 8

Or If you do not have a HDD:

Set epg data store: to SQLite database

Set epg location: select Browse & scroll down to tmp/ and click OK

Epg directory should say /tmp

Set epg days to 2

Press green button to save then Exit, now go into services and ensure that Cron or Crond is checked, save & exit

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Then to configure the plugin, (yellow button, plugins, dreambox epg config), at the drop down box select RadioTimes UK, set No. of days to 8 if you have a HDD or 2 if you do not. Check use Cron and optionally adjust the time for updating the EPG Data.

Press green button "channels":-

On the left side you should have the radiotimes channel list, on the right your channels.

From the left scroll down to a single channel, BBC1 for example and select it, the highlight will move to the right box now & in the right scroll down to match it with your BBC1 channel,

Then press green done which exits back.

Back in epg config press yellow "retrieve":-

Wait for the retrieving to finish, this will update the channel database.

Now press Green button Channels again and proceed to match all your channels. If you were in a bouquet before starting, it will only show the channels from that Bouquet, if you were in looking at all channels from the satellite, it will display all the channels in the right pane. If you were in Bouquet mode, you will need to repeat this step for each Bouquet

Now press the green done and exit back and press Yellow and retrieve the full EPG. If it hangs for a long time, press Red to cancel and try again. Now press Green to save and exit back to TV

---------------------------------------------------------------------

From any channel, Press the Red button for EPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jabo
06-12-2010, 12:50 AM
This has recently stopped working for me. It worked fine for weeks then I had to wipe because of a problem elsewhere and now when I follow these instructions to a T it doesn't work.

I'm using the latest OpenPli with a network mounted hard drive using /media/hdd and my box is a genuine DM600 PVR.

I've tried wiping twice and removing all the files the box has created on the network drive but it still doesn't help.

Any advice?

Jabo
06-12-2010, 01:17 AM
When choosing Radiotimes it doesn't really seem to download anything even though all the channels are mapped. It definitely creates files on the network drive though.
If I choose Digital+ EPG Grabber though that will download files...

Jabo
06-12-2010, 01:31 AM
damn if I choose to store the EPG at /tmp and download from Radiotimes it does download :/

Danny-D
27-03-2011, 09:21 PM
can't seem to get this to work on my 500, maybe its the last part im not getting, every time i go into epg config its back to cd/tvv and not radiotimes.

renwich
28-03-2011, 07:47 PM
can't seem to get this to work on my 500, maybe its the last part im not getting, every time i go into epg config its back to cd/tvv and not radiotimes.

put Commando v14.3 for DM500s on, it has the EPG already setup for UK

Danny-D
03-04-2011, 08:42 PM
put Commando v14.3 for DM500s on, it has the EPG already setup for UK

this work on a clone?

Magnu420
03-04-2011, 09:58 PM
yes it will work on a clone