PDA

View Full Version : F+H (fohn and Hirsch) Sat Nav from Ebuyer

Diablo13
18-11-2010, 01:14 AM
I don't do a lot of long distance driving these days.
I have a terrible sense of direction when I do, so recently I have been thinking of getting a fairly basic Sat Nav.
Well I finally succumbed to temptation and bought an F+H one from Ebuyer.com for ?42.97!
Going on the features and general customer reviews it seems really good value for money, with all the features I am likely to need.
It is also capable of taking the Tom Tom software.

Foehn & Hirsch N30 Sat NAV 3.5" UK & ROI.. | Ebuyer.com (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. I realise this is a bit cart before the horse and normally I ask for advice on WOD before I buy something. However given it's great price and good customer reviews, I thought it was worth going for at that price?
Especially as I have no plans to tour Europe.
I just wondered if anyone else has got one of these F+H Sat Nav's, what their experiences with them were, good and bad?
Also if anyone has put the Tom Tom software on one and how that worked out for them?
Bear in mind this is a cheap Sat Nav, but one which will hopefully suit my limited needs.
Thanks for your opinions and input! :thumbup2:

P.S If it is really ****e I can always return it and upgrade I suppose.

thelostone
18-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Nver used one mate but i did find this that might help you

http://www.simplesatnav.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,55.0.html

Magnu420
19-11-2010, 12:41 AM
i believe that they are a nice sat nav i were comtemplating gettin this
untill ive found that me dad bought a binatone sat nav a couple of years back but ive only just found out lol

btw you can put tomtom on it aswell diablo ;)

Diablo13
19-11-2010, 04:01 AM
I've been having a little play with it tonight.
So far so good, it seems quite bright and responsive.
It will play avi files and music and even transmit the sound through the cars stereo.
For the price compared to others I have looked at on the high street I am well impressed. It even takes an 8gb sd card, so there is plenty of room for Tom Tom maps and extra music etc.

I have read on the useful site which thelostone posted, that the unit works very well with Tom Tom 7, so I have been looking for a cracked download on torrent sites, with no success! I managed to get the tom Tom European maps pack down and loaded it onto the sd card.
Obviously I need the actual software for it as well, which I am having trouble finding, so if anyone has it and can upload it for me, or point me to where I can get it, I will be grateful?
I don't use newzbins though.
Thanks for your help.

Spruceguy
24-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I have one of the N30 (3.5") & MV43 (4.3") both support 2Gb internal memory and run win ce5 and run TT7 beautifully I have got a number of them for friends in both models and put TT7 on and never got a complaint yet and they are now about 6 months old now!
both play AVI files and have MP3 player ability too but only downside is you cant play music on mp3 while using satnav either original or TT7 but hey for the price its great value and again never had any with problems! F&H is an Ebuyer owned company!

RECOMMENDED 5 Stars

Diablo13
24-01-2011, 01:44 AM
I never did manage to get TT installed on mine, despite a lot of help from Magnu!
I have no idea why, put the files on a card, but could never get it to access them properly so I just gave up.
The default software seems to work ok, so for the amount of trips I make it will have to do.

Magnu420
24-01-2011, 02:24 AM
I never did manage to get TT installed on mine, despite a lot of help from Magnu!
I have no idea why, put the files on a card, but could never get it to access them properly so I just gave up.
The default software seems to work ok, so for the amount of trips I make it will have to do.

make a post about it and we can see we you going wrong im willin to go thru
with it with you

notanotherone
24-01-2011, 02:22 PM

your bound to know the way to the corner shop by now diablo :roflmao:

Diablo13
24-01-2011, 09:08 PM
your bound to know the way to the corner shop by now diablo :roflmao:

I do, I just can't afford to buy anything there! :lol2:

Diablo13
24-01-2011, 09:32 PM
I needed to use it today!
I put in my pre saved destination and it came up "calculating"!
That's it, plus a cancel button which didn't work!
I thought right its locked up, so I will switch it off and start again, but no, it wouldn't switch off either, no matter how many times I tried.
If it had been a mobile phone I would have taken the battery out, but you cant do that without taking it to bits, so I had to leave it until the battery drained completely! :mad:
As it happened I didn't really need it anyway because the battery in my car was flat, so I couldn't go any way. A neighbour eventually started it with jump leads, so I went straight to a local vehicle electrics place because it seems to discharge while its in the garage if its not used for 3 days. The battery is not very old and it is not the first time it has done it.
It seems there is a small drain somewhere, so I left it with them to try to find it, which could turn into an expensive remedy because electrical faults like that can be hard to find!
The place I needed to go today was for my eye checkup, it was especially important because I missed the last one due to the snow we had.
You could say I have had a pretty sh1t day all told! :(