PDA

View Full Version : Downloads Section Periodic Review

twobeercans
27-07-2006, 07:34 AM
I think its time we took a look at the passworded downloads area, initially this system was introduced to prevent spam posting to get automatic access to downloads.

Enough time has since passed for us to review the situation. I would like to hear from active members with a post count in excess of 20 posts ONLY.

What would you the members of World Of Digital have us do about the downloads area, when we brought in this system it was to protect our bandwidth from missuse by peeps who just wanted to come to the site spam our forum and leech from us.

we have several options,

1 - leave the system in place and wait till the next review.
2 - introduce a post count automated entry to downloads (what count would you suggest appropriate??)
3 - give all members joining instant access to downloads.

your opinion counts so lets hear it!!

regards twobeercans

mohamm
27-07-2006, 05:30 PM
i think the system you got now, 15 posts then pm a mod for password is the best thing

DessertDog
27-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Automated sounds good m8 with post count as is now 15
mmmmm thinking about it again maybe as it is now at least the posts can be checked for quality unless the auto system will also check

twobeercans
27-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Once we revert to an automatic access system to the downloads it would be a difficult task to revert backwards to password - because many peeps would have to be revetted for issue of the password. It is the best reason we never changed it thus far!!
No automated system we use can check post qaulity lol i wish it could.

regards twobeercans

scruff1963
27-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I am 100% against the passwords and have been since the start.
I will not post any file that is not available for general downloading to anyone with a set post limit.
I am 100% with a post limit but be honest how many of us havn't emailed a newbie a file because they havn't got the post count, I know I have here and elsewhere on numerous occassions.
It's gazers site he can do what he wants but I won't upload any file while the rule stands.
Not to keen that when I want to page someone I have to make a post, it is better than the 3 posts we had a while back but still feel that it means if I have nothing useful to say I have to post some rubbish so I can page someone.
Once again it's gazers site if he wants quantity not quality then that is his choice.
I can page tonight now (for the next 33 minutes :) )
Have Fun

cozierj
28-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I too would like to commend you guys for the great job that you are doing on an ongoing basis. The idea of a 15 thread quota is a good idea. It helps with content quality

Much Regards

twobeercans
29-07-2006, 08:00 AM
ok if there are no objections received in this thread by the end of today, i will remove the password control to the downloads section, the post count will remain in force.

berley
29-07-2006, 11:41 AM
oh good does that mean i dont need to remember passwords any more ;)

weerydo
29-07-2006, 11:46 AM
mate i think the password idea is good, as you dont have people just coming on the site once a week to gain the freeview codes. The members should gain the password through both the number of posts and their activity.

twobeercans
30-07-2006, 09:19 AM
ok peeps the password for the downloads section has been removed, you should be aware you will require the 15 post minimum to download from these sections. We will be monitoring the board for spam posting, to gain access to these sections!!!

BigGLaw
30-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I totally agree with the 15 posts arrangement as I have found out with me being a new member, there is far more to do than just get freeview codes - im a changed man !!

This rule lets you get accustomed to the Digital World site, talk to other users, receive helpful tips and come across a whole load of interesting sections.

Im in for the long haul and will become more active over the due course.

Thanks to you and all Digitalarians.

G. :hail:

BigGLaw
30-07-2006, 08:40 PM
I totally agree with this arrangement and have been converted from being just another bugger wanting freeview codes to now actively pursuing more info and guidance on the ins and outs of this wonderful site.

I will definately making a point of accessing Digital World on a daily Basis.

Thanks.

G :)

sabrinor
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi,
I understand your rules and that you have these rules so that people don't use ur site and then leave, but if i am new to this then i won't have 15 constrauctive posts and all i will be posting is just questions and some of them will be reated.
do you know what i mean!!

thanks for your time though

Diablo13
05-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi,
I understand your rules and that you have these rules so that people don't use ur site and then leave, but if i am new to this then i won't have 15 constrauctive posts and all i will be posting is just questions and some of them will be reated.
do you know what i mean!!

thanks for your time though

Welcome to the site. You will be surprised how quickly you can make 15 posts. Just have a trawl through the site and read and reply to any threads that interest you. No one has a problem with you asking questions in threads. So long as their not ALL how do I get questions. All people ask is that you show willing to take part, share a joke or have an opinion. You may be able to help someone else out with your offline/work experience. Anything from aardvarks to zoology. Though I must admit we don't get many aardvarks on here, just one or two muppets!
Talk about what you like, its a friendly site so just enjoy it. :grin:
PS You will get more replies if you dont choose to post in a thread thats been dormant for 18 months, LOL. Read them by all means and they do count on your posts score, but if you look at the dates and pick something more recent people will see your posts and reply more. i'm not criticizing, just trying to help you out a bit,ok?