PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus & Sky ?

Shipoftheline
27-07-2006, 12:45 AM
No its not a joke my sister rang me today, her new Focus and about 4 others on her street where broken into last night and they stole some part to do with the Stereo. Now according to her the police said they're using something the Ford Focus has to get free Sky which is why non of the other vehicles where touched. Has anyone else heard about this happening ?

charlie senator
27-07-2006, 12:51 AM
yeah its pretty common knowledge on some forums. i read a thread on it once but i cant remember what the conclusion was but i do remember someone saying that sky is defo hacked thats why they keep sending out new cards every now and then .dont have sky so i dont know

Shipoftheline
27-07-2006, 11:00 AM
So whats this part they are nicking from the Focus because I can't see this part being just a Ford stereo exclusive lol

snowy1998
01-08-2006, 10:00 AM
And most ford stereos are generic across models so they could go for KA's and Mondeos etc too...

Think it is a chinese whispers scenario myself...

Shipoftheline
01-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Think it is a chinese whispers scenario myself...

Well the police have fell for it then because this is what there telling people

dave_c
01-08-2006, 06:09 PM
this is wat i found on another forum
---------------------------------------------------

Having just experienced a theft from a ka of the radio, i have been reliably informed that the thieves are after the chips in the radios,these chips are used in a tuner to obtain sky tv for free! An aquaintance was offered one such chip in a pub. Replace the radio with a different type, the chip of which is not compatible with the sky box tuners!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

but as there is no evidence to prove this , i would just put it down to someone trying to be clever

Shipoftheline
01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
So as I thought the chip must uncode the signal

snowy1998
02-08-2006, 12:11 AM
these 'blokes in the pub' are probably the same ones trying to sell car remote fobs as gadgets to make fruit machine payout jackpots :wink:

digidude
06-08-2006, 01:53 PM
they have replaced skycards once, and this was because they found out that people knew how to reactivate them once they had been turned off. as for radio chips being used in the tuner module to decodesky its an urban myth, the satellite frequency is in the 2 Ghz where as radio frequency is around 100Mhz, a satellite signal would cook the chips. the police need to give people areason for why a crime was comitted, he was robbed for his new phone, she was assulted cos she was alone, if they said your stereo was nicked so some junkie could shoot the ten quid he'll sell it for into himself youd be furious, but now youre thinking 'clever bstads, how can i get free sky'

yet another one for the story books