PDA

View Full Version : Wii 4.2e

mc1973
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi guys / girls, looking for some help please.

I am going to have a go at modding my Will.

The sticky guides no longer have a working link to the software required, is there any other guides kicking about with the software to get my wii to play back ups from a hard drive?

Thanks

Ps, first post, looks a great site.

Cheers again

Mark

DessertDog
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Firstly m8 what mod are you going to do Soft-mod or chipping it either will req a new dvd rom drive im pretty sure m8.I will repost the software if you req it with a tut m8.I could be wrong about the dvd rom drive but i dont think i am.
Check out this thread m8 it should help:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Also your first post should be here m8 the intro section:
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/f8/

mc1973
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the reply DessertDog.

I am just looking to play downloaded stuff from a hard drive, no copies as I only have a netbook with no dvd writer.

I will have a look at the link.

Cheers

DessertDog
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok m8 if you req anymore help comeback here.
That can be done m8 just a bit of reading to do.

billy8791
07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the reply DessertDog.

I am just looking to play downloaded stuff from a hard drive, no copies as I only have a netbook with no dvd writer.

ok the files you need are here YouTube - How to Mod Your Wii on 4.2 Firmware PART 1 - ULTIMATE SOFTMOD GUIDE - TUTORIAL - (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. also when using hdd you need to put the usb cable into bottom usb slot.

you will also need to reformat your hdd to wbfs

then games you download will have to be wbfs compat.
you do this by downloading wbfs manager then drag and drop the wii game iso into the programme then convert them.

when you do apply the games to wbfs a 4.7gb iso may shrink to 400mb
so on a 1tb hdd you could more or less fit 500 - 600 games

Lashedup
01-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi all sorry to jump in but i have a wii with 4.3 can this be done ?????
i have mod a few wii s be for but not seen 4.3 befor thanks

grantstrouther1982
02-01-2011, 06:36 AM
4.3 can be done but you will need either a retail copy of lego indiana jones (the 1st one without the crystal skull) or Yu-Gi Ho 5d wheelie breakers, without either of these titles your stuck.

tobnvodka
05-01-2011, 05:19 PM
This should sort out your 4.3 I havent used yet but I am planning on using.
hope this helps tob

pande_monium
06-01-2011, 10:54 AM
when you do apply the games to wbfs a 4.7gb iso may shrink to 400mb
so on a 1tb hdd you could more or less fit 500 - 600 games

WBFS doesn't shrink the games to a smaller size... you choose to use only the Game Partition from the Options. Also, I'm extremely sceptical if a 1TB HDD can store 500-600 games... my 160 HDD has about 30 games and about 20Gb spare... so I suppose it depends upon the actual size of the Game Partition eventually that will determine how many games you can store. I'd venture to suggest that about 200-300 games would fit on a 1TB drive at max (perhaps I'm wrong...).

billy8791
07-01-2011, 11:15 PM
WBFS doesn't shrink the games to a smaller size... you choose to use only the Game Partition from the Options. Also, I'm extremely sceptical if a 1TB HDD can store 500-600 games... my 160 HDD has about 30 games and about 20Gb spare... so I suppose it depends upon the actual size of the Game Partition eventually that will determine how many games you can store. I'd venture to suggest that about 200-300 games would fit on a 1TB drive at max (perhaps I'm wrong...).
i have a WD 320 and already got well over 150 and not half filled yet

pande_monium
09-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Ok... so I'm obviously doing something drastically wrong!

One thing that I can think of is that I'm having to save all the partitions as against just the game partition because I've got "WBFS for Mac OSX". The Windows version allows to save only the Game partition... thereby reducing the footprint of the iso substantially.

Having said that... perhaps I'm doing something wrong??