PDA

View Full Version : FreeStyle Dash (FSD) WIP Update

tinkertiler
04-11-2010, 07:51 AM
>> From teamfsd.com:

So we have been very busy with FSD, i would say we have done nearly a complete re-write. A lot of things won't be seen outright but will be noticed in stability.

To get a started the biggest issue with FSD was constant read and write to disk for everything, checking if files exist and so on. It caused a lot of overhead and slowed things down.

So first step to new system is we changed settings and content to run inside an SQL Database and use SQL for all these functions. This has increased speed and decreased read and write requests to disc which is huge. This also meant all settings now had to be configurable in dash as we won't have a config file to edit.

Another major issue people had was content scanning, it was to slow and we couldn't do anything while it was scanning.

We have sped up scanning dramatically but also we have caused it to be dynamic. SO if you open your game list and it's still scanning you will see the items get added to the list as they complete. This is a huge improvement on past implementations. To be honest, except on initial scan you probably won't even notice though cause it's that fast.

Now we have also added a lot of new features, i am not even sure i remeber them all. For starters though here is a quick list.
* Xlink / Kai client.
* TitleUpdate management
Gamelist has multiple viewing styles now
* dual pane file browser
* HTTP Server(site you can find info and lists about your xbox)
* FSD Plugin
A plugin is being developed for FSD to allow multi disc support as well as trainers and such. This is being done as side along and will be released, and information given as it become pertinent and stable.