PDA

View Full Version : Can I ask for all your help here please.

BraveHeart
02-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Ive save myself enough money for the vu+ plus duo.

I have read there is newer versions that are the version I should be buying, think the other had older codes or summit, I dunno ?

Can I call on the help of the few people in here who have expertise in these boxs to advice me please and rememeber I am a total novice coming from cable c/s, I beleive all i need is the latest vu+ duo and then I know someone who will supply me with a C-line already, maybe i could have some pm's about better or not so good of c-cline guys to go with though.

I only have a fixed Sky dish and its communal, so there wont be a motor getting fitted, I am just purley wanting this to get the full sly package.

I best not say much more.

look forward to a chinwig soon with ya all :)

Oh, and best and most reliable retailer to buy from would help, and of course a good deal.

Do I need anything else to get me going ?

edit : guess i will need the best image flashed onto it for what i want it to do or will the shop do that for me if i ask ? if not i will need help with too but lets do one thing at a time.

berley
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Oh, and best and most reliable retailer to buy from would help, and of course a good deal.

Why dont you have a word with the new forum sponsor, He's offered to try his best to match or beat anyone else's prices. :)

Sicilian
02-11-2010, 10:02 PM
This is the best current image for the Duo To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Not sure if we'd be allowed to post a reliable retailers name because of the forum sponsor.

BraveHeart
03-11-2010, 03:01 AM
This is the best current image for the Duo To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Not sure if we'd be allowed to post a reliable retailers name because of the forum sponsor.

thanks man, need to get the thing first, lol.

where and who show i buy from and is it right enough that theres some older versions thats best to avoid ?

i know berley says the forum sponsor, but i was just wondering, as ya do, lol.

nick2
03-11-2010, 07:22 AM
We would try and match or beat any price you get m8.

Sicilian
03-11-2010, 08:37 AM
We would try and match or beat any price you get m8.
Have you actually got any stock?

If a customer goes to your receivers category it shows as available Satellite receivers (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. and allows a potential customer to place in basket thinking its available, is the customer then allowed to make a full purchase thinking its in stock? If you then click on View it shows as out of stock The Sat Store - Vu+ Duo HD Twin Tuner DVB-S2 Linux (Engima2) Satellite Receiver PVR Ready (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. see screenshots, its kind of misleading to potential customers.

Just thought I'd point this out to the sponsor, could help avoid disappointed customers ;)

Gazer
03-11-2010, 09:49 AM
where and who show i buy from and is it right enough that theres some older versions thats best to avoid ?

i know berley says the forum sponsor, but i was just wondering, as ya do, lol.

I would send our forum sponsor a PM first m8 ......as he helps to keep WOD running and see what deals he can do for you ;)

I have one of the first ones that came out with the black remote, the new ones have a white remote dont think there is anythink else that as changed much on it, expect the softwear, which we all can get from WOD and mine works 100%

Regards Gazer

Sicilian
03-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I have one of the first ones that came out with the black remote, the new ones have a white remote dont think there is anythink else that as changed much on it, expect the softwear, which we all can get from WOD and mine works 100%

Regards Gazer

Thats not entirely correct, sorry.

Some of the early receivers came with white remotes. Receivers with with motherboard revision 1.3 onwards supported deep standby recording. So the hardware changed to support deep standby recording. Latest revision is 2.3.

Diablo13
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I remember when you first posted about getting yours Sic.
It was the first time I had heard of the VU duo and when you posted the photos we agreed about them putting a white remote with a black receiver with being a bit daft!
Thanks for the clarification about the motherboard as this seems like a useful power saving feature to have? :thumbup2:

BraveHeart
04-11-2010, 04:01 AM
Vu+ Duo HD Tuner DVB-S2 HD Linux (Engima2) Satellite Receiver PVR Ready (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i was sure there was a post up here earlier saaying they would beat any price, but the post have gone?

that post is an example, i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.

Sicilian
04-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Vu+ Duo HD Tuner DVB-S2 HD Linux (Engima2) Satellite Receiver PVR Ready (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. i was sure there was a post up here earlier saaying they would beat any price, but the post have gone?
that post is an example, i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.

I'd check if they've actually got any stock. Not many retailers have stock and they're rapidly selling out again. Next batch aren't due until End Nov/Early December.

berley
04-11-2010, 08:13 AM
i'm just trying to get the best thing from a good source, know what i mean guys, i couldnt care less who it is as long as it the very latest version.

That's understandable everyone wants to get the best that they can, hence the reason the sponsor has offered to try his best to beat or price match. If you buy from the sponsor your helping to support WOD at the same time.

BraveHeart
05-11-2010, 04:23 AM
so how would you know if it has or hasnt got "Some of the early receivers came with white remotes. Receivers with with motherboard revision 1.3 onwards supported deep standby recording. So the hardware changed to support deep standby recording. Latest revision is 2.3." ?

would you just have to ask the seller and trust them ?? i guess the website sponsor has the lastest versions ? but no stock, lol

Diablo13
05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Its usually best to ask the seller direct about the models they have in stock, or are expecting.
A reputable seller will tell you the truth about model numbers etc, there is little point in doing otherwise as you would just return it if it was an older model which you didn't want!
Judging by the speed the VU Duo machines sell, all new stock will be latest version stock.
So you would really only get a problem if you bought cheap, used from ebay or the like?