PDA

View Full Version : UK Holiday???

Hitman
26-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Do you know of any good uk holidays?

Most i have been on are not all that but i often wondered what different places are like

been to:

Camber sands...........old style caravan park in need of refurbishment-reosonable entertainment in clubhouse - Great beach if you have the weather.

cornwall..........bude caravan park- really liked cornwall-nice clean place - but not so good if its raining all the time

Hastings.........caravan park - Bit of a sh_t hole - surrounded by industrial estates - bit of history tho

Bath..........I liked bath...very intresting hot water spa - great town - Better without the kids as we found it hard to find resturant who would take them.
stayed at a trevel inn

Clacton .......used to like it there when i weas a kid - bit of a hole now i think...better at walton on the naze

bournmouth.......very nice place - quite liked it there - bars/pubs seemed a bit clikky.

Off to majorca this year :wink:

carvegio
27-07-2006, 11:30 PM
I have been to a few hillwalks in scotland, found it really good and nice to get away from it all (live in london). Recommend it highly, if you want more info lmk

Not sure if it is your thing though?

theedge
28-07-2006, 09:20 PM
If you like beach holidays and have a young family I would recommend

St Ives, Cornwall
St Andrews, Scotland

If you get the weather there's nowhere better!!

Wee Gordon
28-07-2006, 10:05 PM
St Andrews, Scotland

going there in 2 weeks canny wait

Magnu420
28-07-2006, 10:18 PM
go to golden sands, mablethorpe, skegness nice clean beach about a quarter
of mile away from town,very good happy hours(if you timed it nicely come out of one pub when happy hour finish go to another whats started lol)
recomend it to anyone
or go to blackpool where you cant go wrong

Hitman
29-07-2006, 05:33 PM
I been to golden sands i think ....where is that??? yarmouth???

kevmac
29-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Try the Isle of Bute (ferry from Weymess Bay) beautiful scenery, great golf course, very good fishing (fresh and sea water,(sea if you like mackarel)) but best of all......fantastic beer MMMMMMMMM....

rush
30-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Tenby South Wales Is A Good Place To Go With The Family

Dougal
30-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Me and my girlfriend went to a place called skipsea (camping) was cool not much
sand but its nice and quiet!! lots of rock pools crabs,jellyfish that kind of thing lmao good place to relax and the people are friendly :)

Refractor
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
My friends and I usually book a cottage in the lake district for a few days every summer (world-of-digital.com (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. is what we usually use). We've had a great time every year, nice relaxed pace in beautiful surroundings. There's not a great deal in the way of night life that we've found, but with good beer & good friends thats never a problem.
If it's a beach you're after, Newquay did us proud a couple of years back - though it's probably best suited to the younger crowd. If you're after something a little more sedate, there's a small village called Gullane about 30 miles east of Edinburgh. If you ask me it has one of the best beaches I've ever seen, and I've seen a few. That said I may be a little bias because I lived there for 12 years :)

Refractor
10-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, obviously we don't book our holidays with WOD - but the link seems to take you to the right place anyway!

Declan
10-08-2006, 03:28 PM
i know this isnt a uk holiday but , if you have a car, drive into france maybe down to spain, spend a week there where it is really good weather and drink is cheap, you would probably enjoy it better than staying in uk for like a week or so

just watch out for customs when u come back:wink:

wedgie
10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
you lot got kids, wales is the best place. only last week took the kids to dive into the sump from some rocks at conway falls. right on a main road but the tourist drive straight past.also climbed a water fall.love the summer of to newquey,saturday.

love your kids

Declan
10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
well at 16 i dont, but jumping from rocks sounds cool, i always though of wales as a boring country

Magnu420
12-08-2006, 04:58 AM
well at 16 i dont, but jumping from rocks sounds cool, i always though of wales as a boring country
theres plenty of hills and sheep thats not boring

Declan
12-08-2006, 02:55 PM
what do u mean there is plenty of sheep eh?

blackcobrauk
12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Sheerness has a good beach

Hitman
12-08-2006, 09:31 PM
What ever would you do with the sheep on the hills to keep you entertained lol???????

scruff1963
13-08-2006, 10:59 PM
<snip>
Clacton .......used to like it there when i weas a kid - bit of a hole now i think...better at walton on the naze
<snip>

The fish and chips on the corner at Walton are the best I have ever had.

Perran Sands in Cornwall is nice, a bit grotty but not far from Perranporth, we went there every year as kids and it was always nice.

redbarony
15-08-2006, 06:18 PM
york or chester get my votes

plenty of sites to see in both town and quite reasonable too

got two night in travelodge for £52 bargain!!

paperclip
16-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Aviemore in Scotland

rot
16-08-2006, 05:17 PM
went up to norfolk, stayed in a haven caravan park for a week, it was nice, done it in march though and froze my ass off.

s5hah
19-08-2006, 02:09 PM
We've just come back from Cornwall...and as you say...not so good when it is wet...and it was for a couple of days, but fantastic when the weathers good. South of France is a great place as well...

Destriero
19-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Well Ilive 10 minutes drive froman unspolit beach. Great for fishing and snorkelling. I feel like I'm always on holiday :)

bobbybow
07-09-2006, 12:19 PM
get the ferry from oban over to mull its very quiet with nice beaches great scenery but make sure you take plenty of midgey spray

jango36
02-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Skip the UK Holiday, you only live once, go somewhere with a different life style. what the point living and work all year round in the UK, then taking your holiday in the UK.

Dr X
04-10-2006, 10:56 AM
For many many years we went all over the UK on camping and caravan holidays and such.
TYhe best place we ever managed to go or the one thats always memorible would have to be when we went to devon, was a hell of a drive mind yea from liverpool to there but you know ..... was well worth the three week stay.
But to be honest, its a hell of a lot cheeper now to go abroad, and thats what we have been doing now for the last three years, and it all comes down to price if we are to be honest.
We use to be able to get a two week haven caravan holiday for about 1100 / 1300 on a well knowen site ect, but i tell you no lie you would now strugle to get such a good one for that now.
And we are talking of english pounds here, and the reason why we now got to different countrys like spain and turkey ect ect
We had a great summer in salou for three weeks and the package cost 1200 for three weeks, and that included the crossing and there was 5 of us.
We spend like 2500 when holidaying here in uk and in spain and such i dont think i spent near 2000 euros :)
Well just my 2p worth and when its put into context then it makes scence to go abroad as we are a monet grabbing goverment here in the uk and everything has a bloody tax, and i mean HIGH tax.

anonymouse
23-10-2006, 09:05 PM
go to derby great sheep wildlife lol