PDA

View Full Version : £90 Android Tablet comes to Toys 'R' Us

thelostone
28-10-2010, 11:20 PM
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Toys ?R? Us has signed up the Elonex eTouch android tablet, selling it to those who want it for just ?90.
The price means it becomes the cheapest Android tablet on the block beating the Next and Disgo tablets by almost ?100. It's also considerably cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
There will be two models available; a 7-inch tablet that costs ?89.99 and a 10-inch model that costs ?149.99 - both look like the iPad.
?This is yet another new, exciting and innovative product that we are confident to bring to our sales floor. It is important that Toys ?R? Us inspire this young and inspirational market offering the best affordable products on the marketplace?, said Mike Coogan, marketing director at Toys ?R? Us on the reason it will be stocking the new model next to this year's must have toys.
The 10-inch tablet (?149.99) weighs just 695g and has a 2GB SSD on board which can be expandable via a micro SD card slot that includes a 2GB micro SD card.

It has an Android 2.1 mobile operating system and runs on a ARM 11 1GHz processor. The tablet has a 2.0 USB and a mini USB port along with a 3.5-inch audio port. Microphone, stereo speaker with volume adjustment and a power adaptor are all part of the package.
The Toy retailer is clearing hoping parents grabbing Christmas presents for their kids will snap up a tablet for themselves too.
They will both offer marketplace support allowing you to download apps

berley
28-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I was thinking of getting the 10 inch one at the weekend but i didn't like the reviews i was reading

**OVERRIDE**
28-10-2010, 11:27 PM
I was thinking of getting the 10 inch one at the weekend but i didn't like the reviews i was reading
what we talking about here lol

Diablo13
28-10-2010, 11:28 PM
A link to some of those reviews might be useful here berley?
I know we could search them out, but showing some of the reviews together with this info thread seems tidy. :-?

berley
28-10-2010, 11:44 PM
what we talking about here lol

oi its not me thats been watching the new pron channel lol

I know we could search them out, but showing some of the reviews together with this info thread seems tidy. :-?

I'll look again tomorrow Diablo but tbh it took me a while before I could even read a half decent review.

fergalsworld
28-10-2010, 11:52 PM

Here are some reviews, sounds a bag of shoite imo
Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: 10.2" Android 2.1 Apad 1 GHz 256 RAM Tablet PC HD UMPC (http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B003Z2B6YY/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1)

Diablo13
29-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I am not sure those Amazon reviews are for the same tablet that Toys R Us are selling Fergals?
That sounds more like a bad clone?
If they are I wonder why they would even consider giving it shelf space!
The largest and most complete review gives it 4 stars, then tells you how crap it is! :confused:
Going on those customer reviews I have to agree with you about it being shoite, but having bought third party sellers tech from Amazon before myself, which turned out to be rippoff junk, I have to wonder how much those reviews are about that Chinese built in a shed version, rather than a hopefully better made brand version which would be sold by a reputable high street shop! :-?
No matter what the price, its worth less than zilch if it doesn't do what its supposed to do!

berley
29-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Here are some reviews, sounds a bag of shoite imo
Amazon.co.uk: Customer Reviews: 10.2" Android 2.1 Apad 1 GHz 256 RAM Tablet PC HD UMPC (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thats the reviews that I read but I just couldn't find them last night.

No matter what the price, its worth less than zilch if it doesn't do what its supposed to do!

I agree with you entirely there Diablo.

DessertDog
29-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Dunno if this helps steve:
Elonex eTouch 1000ET review from TechRadar UK's expert reviews of Laptops and netbooks (http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/elonex-etouch-1000et-903435/review?src=rss&attr=all)

Diablo13
29-10-2010, 08:17 PM
From the Tech Radar review I would suggest that it would be more suitable for kids to get used to using the net and sending emails, or maybe watching a film on a car journey to keep them quiet?
An adult who was a very casual user might find a use for it as well, but a more serious user would be better served with a second hand laptop or netbook, despite the extra weight to carry it around?

Thanks for that useful link DD. :thumbup2:

notanotherone
30-10-2010, 09:58 PM
From the Tech Radar review I would suggest that it would be more suitable for kids to get used to using the net and sending emails, or maybe watching a film on a car journey to keep them quiet?
An adult who was a very casual user might find a use for it as well, but a more serious user would be better served with a second hand laptop or netbook, despite the extra weight to carry it around?
Thanks for that useful link DD. :thumbup2:

so it would suit me is that what your saying am gonna buy one to see what it does :roflmao:

Diablo13
01-11-2010, 12:53 AM
so it would suit me is that what your saying am gonna buy one to see what it does :roflmao:

Just be careful you don't overstretch yourself with this new technology nao!
Remember there is nowhere to put the coal in! :roflmao:

thelostone
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Looks like asda are getting in on the act now,it dosen`t sound very good but what can you expect for ?97
Yet another budget Android tablet has sprung up. This time, it?s the ?97 Elonex 7-inch e-Touch Tablet, and you can now put it in your trolley the next time you decide to shop at Asda.
The Elonex e-Touch has a 7-inch resistive screen, a microSD slot, Wi-Fi connectivity, a USB port and a 3.5mm jack for headphones.
Powering the ViewSonic ViewPad-sized device is an ARM LNX Code 9 processor, 128MB of RAM and the dated Android 1.6 operating system. Out of the box, 2GB of NAND flash storage is included.
Looking at the specs, it?s unlikely the e-Touch will deliver the fastest experience, or the best one, for that matter. Android 1.6 wasn?t the best OS when it was new, let alone now, and the aforementioned ViewPad has 512MB of RAM ? a fair whack more. Also, resistive screens are not a patch on their capacative counterparts.
However, for ?97 you can be fairly forgiving of any shortcomings, if the tablet is enjoyable to use, and can cope with a reasonable number of tasks. If that?s the case, the e-Touch may just be a great budget way of getting involved with the tablet movement.
Elonex also does an Android 2.1 10-inch tablet if you fancy a bit more display real estate.

RS1
25-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I know that Next have expanded the range of the tablets branded by them, must be a good market for this sort of tablet. The Next ones are incredibly overpriced and clearly more a fashion accessory than tech device.