PDA

View Full Version : What is the service menu?

Gazer
28-10-2010, 09:33 AM
The service menu is an easter egg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_%28virtual%29) intended for Samsung service technicians. It permits access to hidden factory settings for use by trained field technicians.
How can I access the service menu?
To Access the Service Menu: Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence. You should now see the service menu. To exit the Service Menu always select RESET.
WARNING:

Upon entering the Service Menu, all User Menu settings will revert to factory defaults. This includes all display settings, input assignments, channel programming, etc., and applies even if no changes are made while in the Service Menu (viewing the number of panel hours, for example). Document your existing settings beforehand.

Record any changes made while in the service menu. Use the tables in chapter 4.2 of the service manual as a reference.
There is no known means of restoring the entire service menu to its original factory settings. Although chapter 4.2 of the service manual does appear to document those settings, they have not been confirmed to be the factory defaults. You can at least restore any HDMI input settings using this method.
Samsung reserves the right to void any warranty claims if you or any unauthorized person modifies settings within the service menu.
Proceed at your own risk.
Some users have reported that if you do not select RESET when leaving the service Menu some settings especially brightness will be off.
Some users have reported that when selecting RESET in the service menu your TV Hours On will be reset to 0.
Alternative method
Put the TV into standby then press {INFO} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} buttons on the remote within 3 seconds.
The TV will turn On in the Service Menu.
Use the {POWER} button to exit the Service Menu.

Warning ******Use at your own risk*****
as i'v had no need to try this as yet, i thought it was worth putting on here for the like's of nao who needs all the help he can get lol
Regards Gazer

wullboy
01-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Warning ******Use at your own risk*****
as i'v had no need to try this as yet, i thought it was worth putting on here for the like's of nao who needs all the help he can get lol
Regards Gazer[/QUOTE]

only if it has BIG RED buttons & only goes up to 10 ... cause nao then runs out of fingers and then he`s flooked :wink3::nao: