PDA

View Full Version : new rad added

DessertDog
19-10-2010, 03:09 PM
ok as some of you know i have a new conservatory i have been having problems with the rad in there not getting hot.
I have bled it many times and it was only getting warm.Today after a chat with nao i decided to have another go this is what i done.
Firstly i shut the pump off,then bled every rad in the house no air was found,so next i swithed on the pump to max shut down every rad except the one in the conservatory,after some 5 mins i bled that rad again no air so i stopped doing that sat down and thought better turn up the room stat once i had done that after a few mins the rad was getting nice and hot so hopefully the job is done.Only time will tell lol
Added
Now all rads are back on and all seems fine will need to check pump speed after 24hrs see if i can lower it to No2

moh
19-10-2010, 06:34 PM
At one stage in my house my hall rad was luke warm,i bled it till there was almost no water left in the system lol anyway what i had to do was mess around with balancing the valves on the rads upstairs and eventually got the one in the hallway working,moh and heating systems dont mix lol

notanotherone
19-10-2010, 08:05 PM
its funny how a conversation makes you rethink things out ,bet you wouldnt ahve thot of it till i asked and now hopefully it will be fine :lol:

DessertDog
19-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Yep your right m8 and it seems to be working ok i do have to have thermostat up very high but at least its now working ok

cactikid
25-10-2010, 01:57 PM
think i need another look at mine cold rad bled it plenty of times,no mad pressure as in other rads,wonder has new stat stuck closed only newish,did not know you could speed up pump hmm

DessertDog
25-10-2010, 03:09 PM
think i need another look at mine cold rad bled it plenty of times,no mad pressure as in other rads,wonder has new stat stuck closed only newish,did not know you could speed up pump hmm

Normally there are 3 to 5 settings on the pump m8 if you have a cold rad and have bled it try what i done it may help all i have to do now is balance the rads out but the rads all get hot just the new one takes some time.

Gazer
25-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I have this trouble in my kitchen, so i went to bleed it, and found out i still not connected it up yet from doing my kitchen out lol.

DessertDog
25-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I thought i was bad lmfao@Gazer

thelostone
25-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Gaz is to busy making sure the pc isnt going to fall off the wall to worry about rads:roflmao:

notanotherone
25-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I have this trouble in my kitchen, so i went to bleed it, and found out i still not connected it up yet from doing my kitchen out lol.

it wasnt connected when we were there in fact we told you it wasnt :roflmao:

cactikid
30-10-2010, 12:57 AM
yep eventually got it working turned off most rads in house and started bleeding again and i could feel some heat coming so kept on bleeding,nice warm rad now and switched rads on again,so the trick is have all other rads off if possible then water pressure is greater at that rad making it bleed easier.