PDA

View Full Version : Help With Sky Multi Viewing

moh
17-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I got a friend to order a sky card saying that he had a spare box in his bedroom and wanted to order a card for it,the deal is he was giving the card to me so that i could use it in my house,i got the card but when i put it into my sky box im presented with "this card is not authorised call the broadcaster for assistance,,,,,any ideas what this means ?? any help would be very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

notanotherone
17-10-2010, 02:34 PM
are these not matched to the box?think your mate needs to get your box number so they can match the card to it ,mite be wrong

moh
17-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I did some research and it looks as though the card needs to be paired to the box,i always thought that an active card would work in any box.

Ureyesonly
17-10-2010, 02:47 PM
I did some research and it looks as though the card needs to be paired to the box,i always thought that an active card would work in any box.

No chance mate if was that easy every 1 would be doin it, each card has to be pair'd to a box

moh
17-10-2010, 02:50 PM
No chance mate if was that easy every 1 would be doin it, each card has to be pair'd to a box

So if i give him my box and get him to ring sky to get the card and box paired it should work in my house then,well im hoping anyway.

Ill post back here when i get this problem hopefully sorted.

notanotherone
17-10-2010, 04:13 PM
So if i give him my box and get him to ring sky to get the card and box paired it should work in my house then,well im hoping anyway.

Ill post back here when i get this problem hopefully sorted.

yep thats the best way i was sure it didnt work right away

berley
17-10-2010, 04:25 PM
yea that will work moh im sure gazer wil be able to confirm that for you ;)

DessertDog
17-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Interesting did they charge for the second card and i assume it will only be freeview?

moh
17-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Interesting did they charge for the second card and i assume it will only be freeview?

We can get the freeview on the sky box,s without a card,this card will cost me when i sort it 12 euro per month so it will have all the channels bar the likes of the movies sky sports etc.

billy8791
17-10-2010, 07:37 PM
for a multi-room sub both boxes MUST be connected to the SAME telephone line for talkback,
this is so ppl like yourself don't do split sub which you and your mate are doing.
any multi-room sub that is not connected to a telephone line will incur a charge per month when sky notice no talk is being recieved.
this info is from personal experiance i tried this last year and had no end of trouble and some nice big bills.
if your wanting to do this i would venture into that little thing that we are not allowed to talk about on this forum.

sorry for been blunt with my post but i would hate what happened to me happen to someone else

moh
17-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the advice billy.

Diablo13
18-10-2010, 12:33 AM
A friend borrowed my subbed card to set up his VU+ duo box.
I have not had any comeback on this, yet!
Shouldn't I have allowed this, could it cause me problems later on, or is it different because he is not using another Sly+ box?

notanotherone
18-10-2010, 07:27 AM
for a multi-room sub both boxes MUST be connected to the SAME telephone line for talkback,
this is so ppl like yourself don't do split sub which you and your mate are doing.
any multi-room sub that is not connected to a telephone line will incur a charge per month when sky notice no talk is being recieved.
this info is from personal experiance i tried this last year and had no end of trouble and some nice big bills.
if your wanting to do this i would venture into that little thing that we are not allowed to talk about on this forum.

sorry for been blunt with my post but i would hate what happened to me happen to someone else

tbh i used my daughters multi room card for over a year as she had hd box in her other room ,and it wasnt connected to telephone line and nothing happened to her ,only last week she canceled her multi room and no extra charges were incurred

billy8791
18-10-2010, 08:13 PM
tbh i used my daughters multi room card for over a year as she had hd box in her other room ,and it wasnt connected to telephone line and nothing happened to her ,only last week she canceled her multi room and no extra charges were incurred
your lucky i got 2 months out of it then made to pay extra sub

moh
18-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your help on this thread guys,well i gave my friend my box and he rang sky to activate the card in that box,so im getting the box back tomorrow and see where i go from there with it but i do know for definite i will only be paying 12 euro a month for it as for the telephone line connected to sky boxes well the majority of the people that i know dont have a line connected to their boxes and never did have neither did i when i use to subscribe to sky sometime back.

billy8791
18-10-2010, 09:44 PM
all the best mate times may have changed now or i was just unlucky let us know how ya get on mate

moh
20-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Just posting an update on this thread,well i got the box back from my mate and all is up and running but i would like to point out one thing,regarding connecting a telephone line to the box,there maybe differences between the UK and Ireland regarding this,as i have already posted the majority of people i know pay their standard monthly sky payment and regardless of whether they have a telephone line connected or not the same direct debit is taken out each month and they never incurr extra charges infact when i was a paying sky custumer at one stage,i didnt have a line connected as i use my broadband providers telephone service and never connected it to a sky box and never got charged extra.With regards to ntl/chorus over here, lots of people order a second box for a friend or neighbour and they split the bill.Right id better get back to watching all the repeats on sky lol lol ; )