PDA

View Full Version : SAMSUNG PS50C680 50" Full HD Plasma 3D TV

Gazer
11-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Ok i was looking at buying this yesterday from currys for ?999 it comes with 3 pairs of 3D glasses and a Samsung 3D blu-ray player..........sounds a good buy, But as anyone got this yet and if so what do you think of it ? as i went in to buy the SAMSUNG PS50C6900 50" 3D as it was thiner but ?300 more and only 1 pair of glasses plus no 3D blu-ray player, so in the end i came out without anythink.

Your thoughts please before i get one

Regards Gazer

berley
11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I think you have more money than sense .............. oh and you dont need a new TV :roflmao:

BTW is that the same one that was posted here :- To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. ttt1982 has also been giving a review about his HD 3D TV as well, read from about post 29 onwards here :- http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/16/sky-3d-gets-1-october-launch-37107-3.html

thelostone
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Dont know much about 3d tvs tbh but you might like to give these the once over
Samsung PS50C6900 - Best 3D TV - TV & DVD - Which? Technology (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Samsung LE40C750/ LE46C750 3D TV Review: 200Hz LCD HDTV (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Samsung PS50C6900 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com (http://whathifi.com/Review/Samsung-PS50C6900/)
Samsung LE40C750/ LE46C750 3D TV Review: 200Hz LCD HDTV (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Have you thought of others? sony,panasonic i do know the pannys have a good write up
3D TV face-off: Panasonic VT20 vs Samsung C8000 vs Sony HX903 | Crave | CNET UK (http://crave.cnet.co.uk/televisions/3d-tv-face-off-panasonic-vt20-vs-samsung-c8000-vs-sony-hx903-50000177/)
In depth: 10 best 3D TVs in the world today | 3D Radar (http://3dradar.techradar.com/3d-tech/depth-10-best-3d-tvs-world-today-17-09-2010)

Gazer
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW is that the same one that was posted here :- To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Yes it is the same one thanks berley.....but since my post this morning i'v been down to comet and they are doing the same deal on this tv but with the better glasses, currys are the ?59 one's and comet are doing the ?79 ones which are better and comet are doing 9 months free credit as well.

berley
11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
You can get the comet one for ?949 using the code below

SAMSUNG PS50C680 3D Plasma TV free Samsung 3D blu-ray player and 3 pairs of 3D glasses for ?949.99 when you use
code 5MBL

berley
11-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Noooooo Gary its not a good idea for you to stop paying for the forum and buy a tv instead :p

Gazer
12-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Well i ordered this last nite in the end from our local comet, got it for ?949 using the code plus 9 months free credit and free Del.
This will be with me a week tomorrow.

berley
12-10-2010, 09:59 AM
What did you do about the lead, did you buy it in the end ?

Gazer
12-10-2010, 10:37 AM
What did you do about the lead, did you buy it in the end ?
The store was talking bulls**t, this will work with the HDMI Cable that you get with the sky hd box ;)
But i have seen gold plated ones on amazon for ?12.99 which is better than comets ?59.99 ones
http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRO-GOLD-1-4a-HDMI-COMPATIBLE/dp/B002U38E9O/ref=pd_cp_ce_2

Diablo13
12-10-2010, 06:54 PM
You want the HDMI version 1.4 cable, ( as opposed to the normal 1.3 version) Gazer.
You still don't have to pay silly money but the 1.4 has an extra line especially for 3d tv Blu Ray signals!
Nice set at a good price but it seems such a long time for them to deliver?

fergalsworld
12-10-2010, 07:45 PM
Its a total scam on the hdmi lead front, as long as its 1.4 as diablo says any lead will do if poundland are 1.4 they will do the same job as the 59.99 ones from comet after all its digital which means the signal is
on/off or 0/1 which ever way you want to look at it so dont fall into the trap and get ripped off.

Gazer
13-10-2010, 11:00 AM
You want the HDMI version 1.4 cable, ( as opposed to the normal 1.3 version) Gazer.
You still don't have to pay silly money but the 1.4 has an extra line especially for 3d tv Blu Ray signals!
Nice set at a good price but it seems such a long time for them to deliver?

Well this is the one i went for in the end yesterday afternoon so should work on the sky box as this is all i will be using as the 3d blu Ray will be going on Ebay

2METER PRO GOLD RED (1.4a Version, 3D) HDMI TO HDMI CABLE WITH ETHERNET,COMPATIBLE WITH 1.4,1.3c,1.3b,1.3,1080P,PS3,XBOX 360,SKYHD,FREESAT,VIRGIN BOX,FULL HD LCD,PLASMA & LED TV's AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D TVS. ?12.99

Plus on another note i have found this which is samsungs connect site which you can get another pair of glasses free :) Welcome to Samsung Connect (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. which will take me to four pairs plus i got a good deal on a new tv stand was ?189 got it for ?110 instore Buy S & C TV STAND - Up to 50 inches | Tv stand with bracket - Specification | Comet (http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/534269/S-C-TV-STAND-Up-to-50-inches)

thelostone
13-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Gaz being as you have more money than you no what to do with lol you will be wanting one of these to go with your shiney new toys
HiFi Confidential Ltd. (http://www.hificonfidential.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2790)

berley
13-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Well this is the one i went for in the end yesterday afternoon so should work on the sky box as this is all i will be using as the 3d blu Ray will be going on Ebay

2METER PRO GOLD RED (1.4a Version, 3D) HDMI TO HDMI CABLE WITH ETHERNET,COMPATIBLE WITH 1.4,1.3c,1.3b,1.3,1080P,PS3,XBOX 360,SKYHD,FREESAT,VIRGIN BOX,FULL HD LCD,PLASMA & LED TV's AND ALSO SUPPORTS 3D TVS. ?12.99

Plus on another note i have found this which is samsungs connect site which you can get another pair of glasses free :) Welcome to Samsung Connect (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. which will take me to four pairs plus i got a good deal on a new tv stand was ?189 got it for ?110 instore Buy S & C TV STAND - Up to 50 inches | Tv stand with bracket - Specification | Comet (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Thats great all you need to do now is stock up your fridge with nice bottles of rose' and me nao and red n julie can watch the telly with our nice new glasses on :)

Reddevil
13-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Thats great all you need to do now is stock up your fridge with nice bottles of rose' and me nao and red n julie can watch the telly with our nice new glasses on :)

Sounds a good plan to me :D

Gazer
13-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Gaz being as you have more money than you no what to do with lol you will be wanting one of these to go with your shiney new toys
HiFi Confidential Ltd. (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. pmsl wrong colour m8 and no speakers to go with it.......

thelostone
13-10-2010, 12:59 PM
pmsl wrong colour m8 and no speakers to go with it.......
Onkyo HT-S5305B 3D Ready 5.1 AV Receiver and Speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. on a serious note gaz this can be a bottomless money pit and imo 3d amps are a bit to new and over priced, the best thing is to build your own set up.You might not need 7 speakers...the mrs might not let you have all thoes speakers lol imo a good 5.1 set up is good enough

Gazer
13-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Onkyo HT-S5305B 3D Ready 5.1 AV Receiver and Speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. on a serious note gaz this can be a bottomless money pit and imo 3d amps are a bit to new and over priced, the best thing is to build your own set up.You might not need 7 speakers...the mrs might not let you have all thoes speakers lol imo a good 5.1 set up is good enough

To be honest i have a LG HT805PH 5.1 Ch Home Cinema System which is 850w output i think, so i might try that first with it as i know it sounds good playing dvd's. but these days i dont get the time to watch to much TV, its more for the footy so the mrs can watch BlackpoolFC play in 3D :tv:

notanotherone
17-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Thats great all you need to do now is stock up your fridge with nice bottles of rose' and me nao and red n julie can watch the telly with our nice new glasses on :)

im game....... see you do come up with some good ideas :roflmao:

Gazer
20-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Well this as now been dropped off this afternoon, so hopfully will get it set up over the next couple of days and let you all know if 3D is any good.

Gazer
25-10-2010, 03:21 PM
OK set this tv up and had a play with it over the weekend, my impressions so far is as follows:

Wearing the active glasses and watching the TV in 3D takes abit of getting used too, but the picture and 3D is somethink out of this world.
I can only watch this TV in 3D in the eveing as using these 3D active glasses in the day you get a bad flicker from both side's of the glasses in daylight, which is not good for your eyes, this will be down to the way these glasses work.
The TV displays the left and right images sequentially, one after another. The glasses blank the left and right eye in sync with an Infrared Pulse coming from the television, i think it is about 60 times a second.
HD side of the TV is 100% as well
At the moment I am currently still running this TV in with both contrast & brightness at about 55 each this will help with the Image retention not burning into the screen.
The only thing for me that lets this TV down is the sound, it as 2 x 15w but sounds so tinny to me after having the LG before, but i'm still trying some new settings out.

Overall I am happy with the set upto now and the cost was good at ?950 with a 3D bluray player and in the end 4 x pairs of active glasses and these sell at ?79 each.

Will update a bit more as i try out some new films

Regards Gazer

thelostone
25-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the review gaz, get the lg hooked up the neighbours will love you:roflmao:

Reddevil
25-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Just been looking in comet, they had a 3d demo set up was amazing the way it worked, pity the price is so high, that was a panasonic i think, had to drag Julie away she was riveted :p

notanotherone
25-10-2010, 07:57 PM
i have to be honest i watched the man u game when 3d first came out and tbh i wouldnt go to a football ground to watch another game but not being able to afford one of these tv's i think ill wait till they come down in price

Diablo13
25-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the review Gazer.
You did get that at a very good price, but like nao I will hang on a bit before I think about such a major upgrade.
With news coming through of sets which don't need the glasses and the current impetus of 3D tv at the moment, I think there will be a lot of advancements in the technology coming quite quickly.
Plus the fact that more 3D content will become available all the time, so I think it is worth waiting before jumping on this new bandwagon?

notanotherone
27-10-2010, 02:13 PM
ok tell me again did you order it online and use berley's code or did you go to store and use the code? cause if you done it online i can find how and also tell me how to activate 3d from sky? and how many channles can we watch that has 3d ?and where are your service files and bouquet you said you were gonna post lol

Gazer
28-10-2010, 08:18 AM
ok tell me again did you order it online and use berley's code or did you go to store and use the code? cause if you done it online i can find how and also tell me how to activate 3d from sky? and how many channles can we watch that has 3d ?and where are your service files and bouquet you said you were gonna post lol

I went instore and used the code berley got for me and it worked and i got buy now pay in 9 months.

The code will work online as well but you cant get the buy now pay later online.
Ring sky and ask them to activate 3D for you and they will there and then aslong as you have the full package in HD which you have......and they will switch you on with in 2 mins.
At the moment sky have only 1 channle in 3D which shows most of the sports thats on over the weekned and repeats in the week and some films.... but more channles to come ;)

Gazer
28-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Samsung 3D blueray player BD-C5900 that comes with it as a multi region unlock hack as well which is:

1. Turn off and turn on player.

2. Wait until it boots into home screen then press the following keys.. Repeat - 5 - 7 - 5 - 3 - 8

3. Note that "2" appears briefly in top left of screen.

4. Press "9" and note that it appears briefly in top left of screen.

5. Turn off then turn on player, that's it.

Timoweb
01-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey Gaz I have been looking and thinking about getting this exact TV, how you getting on with footy in 3D worth it or not?

I also like the idea of the LG passive 3D tv but it about ?800 more but you get loads of glasses and they are much lighter. Not had a demo of the passive tv's yet just the active ones like in Comet etc..

Gazer
01-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Hey Gaz I have been looking and thinking about getting this exact TV, how you getting on with footy in 3D worth it or not?

I also like the idea of the LG passive 3D tv but it about ?800 more but you get loads of glasses and they are much lighter. Not had a demo of the passive tv's yet just the active ones like in Comet etc..

I'v got to say its growing on me day by day .....the footy is TOPS plus a couple of sky's 3d films as been good as well.
I too was looking at the LG passive 3D tv at first untill i saw the price of this one plus on the which TV site the LG passive did not have a good wright up as the samsung did.
like i said in another post is the only let down was the sound which is not as good as the LG 50" HD tv that i have, but playing around with the settings last weekend i have got it somethink like :)

I think 3D is the way to go for now with the activate 3D glasses as long as the prices keep coming down untill they get these new TV'S out which do not need glasses at all.

Timoweb
02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Ouch looks like my pocket will be taking a hit soon and the Samsung is already a good price and large too at 50".

In general I can watch most TV progs in low def and not mind/notice too much but I have got so used to watching footy in HD its hard to watch in standard def now. I am thinking this could be the same with footy and boxing etc. I would mainly use just for watch sky 3D.

Gazer
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Ouch looks like my pocket will be taking a hit soon and the Samsung is already a good price and large too at 50".

Well to be Honest Timo and i told the MRS the same

I only went out and got this TV so that i could do a review on it for the likes of you and all of our members here at WOD.... this was done so that you would know if it was worth buying or not........This was never got for myself and i would never sit down and watch the likes of football and films in 3D night after night on it...... :raining:

notanotherone
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Well to be Honest Timo and i told the MRS the same

I only went out and got this TV so that i could do a review on it for the likes of you and all of our members here at WOD.... this was done so that you would know if it was worth buying or not........This was never got for myself and i would never sit down and watch the likes of football and films in 3D night after night on it...... :raining:

so as the review is finished can i please buy it for 200 quid ? :roflmao:

Gazer
16-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Well got home last night and there were 2 packets waiting for me to open ...... it was only 2 more pairs of 3D glasses from samung .......thats 6 pairs in all i have now :) value of all these glasses come to ?400 so making this TV a better price than before.......just need some friends now to come round and watch it with me. :tv: pmsl

Just wish there were more 3D stuff to watch.

notanotherone
16-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Well got home last night and there were 2 packets waiting for me to open ...... it was only 2 more pairs of 3D glasses from samung .......thats 6 pairs in all i have now :) value of all these glasses come to ?400 so making this TV a better price than before.......just need some friends now to come round and watch it with me. :tv: pmsl

Just wish there were more 3D stuff to watch.

am sure berley offered our services to come and help you out:roflmao:

Diablo13
16-11-2010, 08:36 PM
That makes the deal you got even sweeter than it already was then Gazer!
Full marks to Samsung for their customer support as well. :thumbup2: