PDA

View Full Version : limera1n Jailbreak ALL Devices 10/11/10

Ureyesonly
09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
http://modmyi.com/images/limera1n.png

Yes that's right geohot has done it again! limera1n will Jailbreak ALL devices. geohot is prepped to launch limera1n on 10/11/10 - the 1 year anniversary of the release of blackra1n.

p0sixninja, who's work on SHAtter has been vital in making it happen, has already set an ETA of 10/10/10 at 10:10:10AM for greenpois0n, his jailbreak for all A4 devices (iPhone 4, iPad, and iPod Touch 4G). geohot now has returned from "retirement" and announced a release the day after greenpois0n's slated release date - with a jailbreak that would work on /all/ iDevices.

The two jailbreaks use separate exploits, although greenpois0n uses a new one, SHAtter, while geohot has used the exploit in limera1n before (and yah, it still works). geohot hasn't made an official announcement anywhere, so there's still the off chance someone will randomly talk him out of releasing, but it's looking pretty solid. There is some talk of p0sixninja even using geohot's exploit in greenpois0n, saving SHAtter for a future jailbreak, but it doesn't look like p0sixninja is interested in it, as it'd push back release dates even more.

So regardless you guys are only DAYS AWAY from being able to "Make it Ra1n" once again

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1523/limetime.jpg

Ureyesonly
09-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Looks like Geohot is getting ready for the release....Edit i can confirm workin on iPhone4
limera1n (To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. limera1n, 6 months in the making
iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G
3GS new bootrom is broken, fix pending
4.0-4.1 and beyond+++
limera1n is unpatchable
untethered thanks to jailbreakme star comex
released today to get chronicdev to do the right thing
brought to you by geohot
Mac and Linux coming soon
follow the instructions in the box, sadly limera1n isn't one click
that's the price of unpatchability
as usual, donations appreciated but not required
still in beta, pardon my ragged edges
zero pictures of my face
known bugs
3GS new bootrom is broken, fix pending
some people need to restart to get the Cydia icon to show up after installing

turner123
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
did mine this afternoon with the above method works fine

Sicilian
11-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Anyone know if this will Jailbreak latest firmware on Orange 3GS firmware 4.1?

turner123
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
sorry i should of been more clearer mine is a 3gs 16gb o2 on ios 4.1 and it worked fine, but if you need the carrier unlock im sure youll lose it with this method but as im on o2 im not really assed about that so yes its all fine and working perfect sic mate

Ureyesonly
11-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Yep mate your good to go, old and new bootrom 3GS is fine now...if you need an unlock stay away from it...i'm sure i have an activated 4.1 somewhere if you need it