PDA

View Full Version : Military refuses to lift ban on Medal of Honor Game despite name change

tinkertiler
07-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Despite EA's effort to change the Taliban moniker in the upcoming Medal of Honor reboot to "Opposing Forces," the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has maintained their stand not to sell the controversial title on its bases "out of respect to those touched by the ongoing, real-life events presented" in the game.

"While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, our position is consistent with the direction stated a month ago. I expect the military families who are authorized to shop the Exchange are aware, and understanding, of the decision not to carry this particular offering,? AAFES Commander Maj. Gen. Bruce Casella said in a statement.

In response to the statement made by the AAFES, EA's Senior Public Relations Manager Amanda Taggart said, "We respect AEFES' authority to decide what's best for their customers. EA has not asked for, and does not expect, a change in the Defense Department's decision to restrict the availability of Medal of Honor on bases."

Medal of Honor will be released on October 12, for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Diablo13
09-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Har har de har har!
:roflmao2: It sounds to me like their experiment in ultimate bad taste just jumped up and bit them in the gonads!
I have no doubt they will still sell plenty, but a good slap round the head with a soggy djellaba won't do them any harm either!:lol3: