PDA

View Full Version : EA: FIFA 11 is fastest selling sports title ever

tinkertiler
07-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Electronic Arts has officially declared FIFA 11 as the "biggest sports game launch ever," moving 2.6 million units that accounted for over US$ 150 million at retail in less than a week since its launch. In doing so, the game became the fastest selling sports game ever and is off to establish a new benchmark in markets around the world, including the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and North America.

As a token of their appreciation, EA Sports president Peter Moore announced that the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team will now be available for free on the PS3 and Xbox 360 this November.

"We?re thrilled at how fans embraced FIFA 11 last weekend, and we are excited to be able to offer one of our most popular game modes ? FIFA 11 Ultimate Team ? for free this November. This is a landmark achievement for EA SPORTS ? we?ve shattered sales records at retail, critics are praising FIFA 11 as being one of the most authentic and innovative titles ever, and fans are connecting and competing with other gamers around the world and have logged a record number of online connected game sessions.?

Among the notable achievements of the game since its launch on September 28 in North America and October 1 in Europe:

* FIFA 11 sell-through is estimated to be up 29 percent over last year?s record-breaking launch. FIFA 11 is estimated to have grossed more than US$ 150M at retail.
* October 1-2 ? the first two days after FIFA 11 launched in Europe ? was the busiest two-day period for online gaming in EA SPORTS history. Fans registered more than 18.6 million online connected EA SPORTS game sessions overall, including more than 11.3 million of FIFA 11, in that two-day period.
* FIFA 11 has earned 58 review scores of 90 or better around the world, including perfect marks from Gameblog.fr, Eurogamer Italy, PlayStation Life Style and Match magazine and Official PlayStation Magazine in the UK. GamesMaster Magazine (UK) proclaimed that FIFA 11 is ?the best football game ever,? while OPM UK raves FIFA 11 is ?as close to footballing perfection as we?ve ever seen in a videogame?.

Localized in 18 languages and available in 51 countries, FIFA 11 is now available for the PS3, XBox 360, Wii, PC, Nintendo DS, PS2, PSP, iPhone and iPod touch.

billy8791
07-10-2010, 07:50 AM
a fantastic game and EA will find it hard to beat next year - in my opinion if something isn't broke you don't fix it but as ea fetch out a new game every year it is going to take something special and plenty of hard work to beat this next year

tinkertiler
07-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Ive not polayed it so i dont know but from what i have heard from people who do play football games it is very good! Im sure Turner123 will back me up on that one lol

Crispin
21-10-2011, 06:51 PM
There is no doubt that FIFA is a one of the most selling and crunchy game and i also played this game but new version is very fast and in hard mode it is difficult to play this game.