PDA

View Full Version : Jack Thompson claims victory over Medal of Honor, tells detractors to 'go to hell'

tinkertiler
07-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Disbarment from practicing law apparently hasn't affected Jack Thompson's crusade against violent video games. The former lawyer has claimed victory in the wake of EA's decision to remove the Taliban from Medal of Honor. Also, he thinks those who disagree with his and his actions can "go to hell."

Early last month, PC Mag revealed that Thompson wrote a letter to U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates urging him to block Medal of Honor's release.

Aside from the issue regarding the Taliban name, Thompson's letter alleged that the game "poses a demonstrable danger to our troops by providing a training tool for those who wish to kill them." He also accused EA of allowing underage gamers to pre-order the decidedly mature title.

EA has since removed the Taliban from the game's multiplayer component. In a pair of emails to gaming news site Ripten, Thompson claimed that this was a victory resulting from his actions. He also had some pretty choice words for those who don't agree with him and his actions:

I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don?t think so and who don?t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.

and please add: Any gamers that don?t know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I?ll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly.

Diablo13
09-10-2010, 01:11 AM
This bloke is obviously just too full of himself!
EA obviously removed the Taliban tag in the face of mounting public opinion about bad taste marketing.
He has become the laughable Mary Whitehouse in drag of the games industry. Like her he has decided what people should and shouldn't call entertainment!
Maybe he should go back to hunting fluffy bunnies with a twelve bore, like so many well off Americans with time on their hands and nothing useful to do in life?

whichway
03-11-2010, 08:00 AM
This bloke is obviously just too full of himself!
Haha, must be it